“Went in kicking and screaming and came out smiling” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Native Foods Cafe

Native Foods Cafe
Ranked #11 of 153 Restaurants in Tigard
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 503-968-9999
Beaverton, Oregon
“Went in kicking and screaming and came out smiling”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I am a meat eater and the last place I wanted to eat at was a vegetarian restaurant. I very quickly changed my mind after taking the first bite of my taco salad. Delicious! Very fresh produce and the meat substitute tasted like meat. I have since been back again and ordered the same thing. Employees are very friendly and came around and checked on my friend and I, even offering to refill our waters, clear our plates, etc. I prefer staying in my "comfort zone" when it comes to restaurants but I'm so glad I took a chance on this restaurant.

1 Thank T C

Castle Rock, Colorado
“It tastes good and it's good for you.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I am a vegetarian and always seek out local restaurants that cater to my quirky eating habits. This cafe has so many wonderful choices. I tried the polenta bites and the roasted tacos. Both were so good that I didn't even miss the cheese that would normally be included. I even had an organic beer. The meal had to be low fat. I am fairly certain that I walked out of there a better person.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lazerojos
Aloha, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not a vegetarian or vegan but loved this food!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

my teenage daughter is vegetarian (i am not) but we've never eatan at a vegetarian or vegan restaurant. we were shopping at the mall and decided to give it a go. she is a pretty picky eater (is getting better!), so i was a little leary that she would not like it (even though she's vegetarian, she's not a 'very good one' as far as eating very healthy). she saw the poster on the wall for the (i think it was called) 'turkey loves rye' sandwich. i was shocked that that was what she wanted - it didn't look like something that she would normally order but she insisted, so.........it was TOO DIE FOR!!!! i didn't order anything because i thought i could eat her sandwich when she hated it and she could just get something else. well, turns out it was plenty for both of us. the fries were delicious also - my daughter ordered ranch dressing for the fries and i could not believe it was vegan! it was some of the best ranch dressing i've ever had. and don't miss the lavender lemonaid - very sweet, but so so so so good. i cannot wait to go back and try something else - i would probably get that sandwich again but it was only available for 3 days (WHY?!). and another thing to note - we both were very full, but not miserabley so and we stayed full (more like satisfied - not hungry) for hours. i wish they had a restaurant closer to my house - i would be a regular. but i will eat there whenever i go to that mall for sure!

1 Thank erin h
“To die for vegetarian/vegan food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Someone must have heard my prayers! I was ecstatic when i found this place. I will have to say it's not easy to find a vegetarian restaurant that offers a variety of selections and actually all taste good...at least for the foods I have tried. And the best part is it's right in a shopping village!! Try their watermelon ice tea while you are there too!

Portland, Oregon
“Love it! Too bad it's at Bridgeport.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

This is a really great option for vegetarians and vegans and people interesting in exploring a more plant-based diet. The emphasis here is on whole foods, and grain based "meats". One can choose to enjoy a vegan chick'n sandwich or a quinoa salad.

We have had a few entrees and so far, the quality of the produce is high and there is a lot of care and skill going into the preparation. As menu items all fall under the $10-$12 range, it is a pretty good bargain. It is counter service but the staff was knowledgeable and helpful.

All in all, a really nice go to spot for anyone wanting to try some inspired vegan fare. It's in Bridgeport village though, for some that may be a plus, but the parking can be a hassle.

2 Thank totallye

Been to Native Foods Cafe? Share your experiences!