“Good vegan food”

Ranked #10 of 165 Restaurants in Tigard
Description: 503-968-9999
Description: 503-968-9999
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This restaurant is in a new, upscale shopping area, the type that simulates a walkable neighborhood. To reach the cafe, you must walk into the center of the pedestrian-only area. The place is not easy to locate if you just cruise the shopping center by car, and free parking in the nearby structure is available, but this means 5-10 minutes negotiating the garage and walking to the cafe.

Once we arrived, we found a casual dining format (stand and order, then pay and the food is brought to your table). For newbies, the menu was confusing. We all found something to order, food arrived fairly quickly, and my Bangkok Stir Fry dish with tofu, was tasty, generous, and a good value. The staff were very helpful, and the ambiance, while a bit noisy and not plush, was OK. I would go again to explore more of what is on their menu. It is entirely vegan, and the menu includes several faux-meat items of which I am suspicious but might be willing to try.

1  Thank RaggedClaws49

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I recently switched to more of a plant-based diet so when visiting the Mall at Tigard, we decided to try this chain featuring all vegan food. The place had too many choices, which isn't a bad thing. There's something for everyone's taste. Fortunately, many of the the meals didn't contain soy, but had a brown rice protein called satain (my wife is allergic to soy). However, for better or worse, many of the meals mimicked the regular food we are used to. For instance, I had the Rubin sandwich and it looked and tasted just like a regular Rubin sandwich. This might be good for people who aren't used to eating vegan. On the other hand, there were menu choices that were more vegan-like. The other concern that I had was the portion sizes of the meals. They were large, so don't be afraid to ask for a take-home box. Overall, the food was great and very tasty with lots of choices on the menu and at a reasonable price. Highly recommended for those wanting to eat a more plant-based diet. Oh, and the drink choices were great as well. I had the lavender lemonade and other than the fact that it was a little too sweet, it was great. I wish we had once of these restaurants in our neck of the woods.

1  Thank ltorgy
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I am not a vegan or vegetarian but I do enjoy such foods. To my husband, vegan is foreign. The staff member at the counter was very helpful in helping him find something he would like. I had the Rockin' Moroccan bowl and I loved it! The sauce was very flavorful with just the right amount of heat for me. The vegetables were roasted/crunchy done just how I like them and the tofu was very delicious. My husband had the Portobello and Sausage Burger. He really liked it! The salsa was fresh and delicious. My son had the Brontosaurus Burrito - he didn't care for it but he's 3 and apparently doesn't like avocado. I tasted it and thought it was good. It was HUGE. The Lavender Lemonade was our favorite of the drinks. The service was excellent, food was excellent - I wish we had a Native Foods back home!

2  Thank gilenh20
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I second one of the other reviews here, this restaurant is a perfect place to introduce vegan food. Had one of the wraps with crispy "chicken", which was served with a side of a very potent and flavorful salsa. I'm normally not a big fan of vegetarian food or fake chicken, but this place is different. On the slightly expensive side for lunch, but well worth the trip. Good beer selection, too. Will definitely be back! Nice outdoor patio.

Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Whole eating is quite the challenge these days. But this new restaurant has mastered local, organic, fresh and highly healthy foods! It's a great place, where anything on the menu is good for you!
Both of out meals were fantastic, the service was great and we dined happily under a heater on the patio. I would recommended this place to anyone who is vegetarian, gluten-free, vegan, health conscious or anyone who wants a good meal...the way it's supposed to be made!
I want one in my hometown!!!