“Vegan for beginners” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Native Foods Cafe

Native Foods Cafe
Ranked #11 of 153 Restaurants in Tigard
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 503-968-9999
Portland, Oregon, USA
“Vegan for beginners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

I second one of the other reviews here, this restaurant is a perfect place to introduce vegan food. Had one of the wraps with crispy "chicken", which was served with a side of a very potent and flavorful salsa. I'm normally not a big fan of vegetarian food or fake chicken, but this place is different. On the slightly expensive side for lunch, but well worth the trip. Good beer selection, too. Will definitely be back! Nice outdoor patio.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Hanford, California
“Healthy, Great, Fresh!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Whole eating is quite the challenge these days. But this new restaurant has mastered local, organic, fresh and highly healthy foods! It's a great place, where anything on the menu is good for you!
Both of out meals were fantastic, the service was great and we dined happily under a heater on the patio. I would recommended this place to anyone who is vegetarian, gluten-free, vegan, health conscious or anyone who wants a good meal...the way it's supposed to be made!
I want one in my hometown!!!

Portland, Oregon
“So much better than I expected for vegan fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stopped in here while out shopping, looking for light fare. As we stood outside perusing the menu some folks came out and told us the food was delicious so we gave it a try. You enter, and order at the front. The cashier explains anything you need to know, as does the menu. The two dishes we had were definitely very good. I had the Kale, avocado,slaw salad and my daughter had the Gyro. Everything is made fresh, including the meat substitutes which are made on site. Most, if not all, is gluten free. The beverages are very refreshing, and oh my, let me mention the carrot cupcake. Dense, rich, moist, yummy. Though I am not vegan, or even vegetarian, I can appreciate the deliciousness of nicely prepared food. I love that there is this option in a shopping center for those who prefer this type of diet. I will go again and I recommend trying it. The menu is pretty extensive.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Portland, Oregon
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

What a great change of pace from the usual establishments. Great food and selection-haven't had a bad or even so-so dish yet. My friend and I were able to split a dish and were full. Staff is friendly and helpful. You need to try this restaurant!

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Fantastic Introduction to Vegan Eating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

My first vegan meal was at this restaurant on our first day in Portland. What a pleasant surprise to say the least. The food is fresh, the desserts are to die for, and the staff was exemplary. Our waiter remembered us 12 days later when we came back in the night before our flight back home. Anyone would like to eat here. I'm glad they have locations in Chicagoland, too. Give it a try.

Visited March 2012