“Customer service is the highlight of this hotel!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I came to Oregon with my wife and kids for a wedding and was recommended this hotel that was near the site of the ceremony. The website stated that they were completely booked for the time I was staying. I decided to call and see if anything might of come available. When I called, the lady was very helpful in securing me a room despite what the website had stated.

When I arrived, I was greeted with the same great customer service I had experienced on the phone. She had upgraded my family to a king suite to better accommodate my family. The King suite was of good size and suited our needs. The gentlemen who ran the breakfast in the morning was "by far the best service I have ever seen for a continental breakfast!" Several breakfast options were available and changed daily including eggs, sausage, cinnamon rolls, and pineapple among other items. Definitely not your typical toast and stale cereal fare at most "continental" breakfast offerings.The hotel was also in an excellent location, near the on-ramp for ease of access to Portland or other nearby attractions. It was near several restaurants and a shopping mall.

The only knocks I can make against this property keeping me from giving a full 5 star review was the pool was small and in need for an update. The hot tub was not functional and the rooms could use updated appliances and fixtures. Overall this property is worth a stay for the price along with the friendly staff from the front desk to the cleaning crew who show that they actually care!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard

Reviewed July 20, 2014

The rooms are large and they do have a microwave and mini fridge.

To me a suite has a sleeping area that has a door so that someone can stay up while someone else goes to bed.

The price was good and the location is excellent for food and shopping. The hotel is somewhat dated and could use updating but again for the price can't really complain too much.

The free "high speed" wifi is not high speed. It dropped relatively frequently just the internet connectivity not the link status. It's fine for email, twitter and the like but inadequate for streaming anything. It seems now though many places charge a per day fee for this though so again it was inconvenient but for free can't complain. Just shouldn't be marketed as high speed.

In my opinion this is closer to 2.5 stars than 3.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Booked hotel using hotwire since we only needed it for one night before we journeyed further south the next day. We weren't sure what to expect, but were pleasantly surprised with our experience.

Rooms are spacious, beds very comfortable, lots of pillows, and separate sitting area.

They serve a hot breakfast in the morning that we were very pleased with. The scrambled eggs were cooked perfectly!

We arrived around 130 am and noticed a odd smell in the room. It smelled like body odor. The smell dissipated when we turned on the AC, but would return when AC was off. We didn't asked for another room since were only were staying one night and were too exhausted from our day of traveling.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We spent three nights in a spacious king bed suite equipped with microwave, mini-fridge and complimentary in-room wifi with decent connectivity. The bed was comfortable and I had really good quality sleep. The location is super convenient. Washington Square is right across the street. Restaurants such as Red Lobster and Cheesecake Factory are nearby.

Breakfast selection changes daily. Hot food such as scramble eggs and pancakes are replenished frequently. Their afternoon baked chocolate chip cookies were so yummy! I forgot to bring swimsuit or else would have used the swimming pool. There were several machines in the fitness room.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Quiet stay on the third floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is a good choice for business travel if you need to work in the room. There is ample space, you don't feel crowded. For the money, a room in the $100-$120 range, this is a really good deal. This is a good location, within walking distance to the mall and to restaurants. People giving this below average reviews are just asking too much from a hotel in this price range. The property is not new, but it is in good condition, the carpet in my room looked very new, so they do the needed upgrades.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The rooms are "suites", so their good size. Location is perfect! Easy on and off highway, huge mall right across street. Water pressure in room was awesome. The staff was kinda blah. Not rude, just there. No attempts to be friendly. But not rude. Breakfast is incredible. Eggs, omelette, French toast, bacon, sausage, great selection.... It's slightly more than your Super 8's and Motel 6's but considering the room size and breakfast, it's so worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 10, 2014

the only complaint that my wife and I could possibly have had was that the door to our room had a firm close. The first few times it closed with a loud bang until we trained ourselves to close it softly. Our neighbours had to do the same, so we were started a couple times. Other than that, the sleep quality, cleanliness, quiet, location, were all just fine and well worth the room rate. Breakfast was modest but certainly adequate. Since the many negative reviews, I believe that things have changed significantly. I am critical of things that are 'not right' but I can say that were happy with our stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dbinns
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Quality Inn Tigard - Portland Southwest
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Comfort Suites Southwest
Comfort Suites Southwest
#56 of 144 in Portland
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard? Share your experiences!