“Liked the Hotel - simple but good”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Reviewed June 10, 2014

the only complaint that my wife and I could possibly have had was that the door to our room had a firm close. The first few times it closed with a loud bang until we trained ourselves to close it softly. Our neighbours had to do the same, so we were started a couple times. Other than that, the sleep quality, cleanliness, quiet, location, were all just fine and well worth the room rate. Breakfast was modest but certainly adequate. Since the many negative reviews, I believe that things have changed significantly. I am critical of things that are 'not right' but I can say that were happy with our stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dbinns

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Price is cheap, but the service quality is pretty good.The receiption is nice, room is clean, everything is new, the continental breakfast is pretty good,they have one employee who's in charge of that.
If possible, I'll choose it again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Jeremiah703, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

We are more than happy to read of your enjoyment at our property. As a team, from housekeeping, to the desk, to our breakfast attendant, we strive to make your experience with us is a positive and pleasant one. In our renovations to make your experience with us even better, we hope that you'll return to see us perform as a DoubleTree by Hilton; coming soon!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Super clean, very nice room. Upgraded at check in to a "senator room". Doing a bone marrow donation at OSHU so the extra room was nice and they gave us a good rate. We were there a week. Jacob does an awesome job in the breakfast room! Only downside was that our room near the street and was a little noisy, so we couldn't sleep with the windows open. Several restaurants within walking distance. Lots of shopping within a mile.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Jeremiah703, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We’re so glad you were impressed by our breakfast attendant, Jacob. We are so lucky to have such a hard worker at our hotel. He is truly an asset to our company. We are lucky to have such a great location, and we are glad you were able to take advantage of some of our nearby attractions. Thank you again for your kind words!

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have stayed here many times over the years, and have always found my stay outstanding. My cousin and I just stayed at the Phoenix Inn for 2 days and this time, I was disappointed. The front desk staff was very courteous. However, we asked to stay in a room facing the courtyard, and we were placed in a room facing the wall. She quickly moved us to a new room. The mini-refrig didn't seem to be working, so I called the front desk and she said it usually does not feel cold, but they are. We put our drinks and cheese in the refrig. Later that evening I called down and said the refrig was not cold. The front desk said they would put a work request in and in the morning it would be fixed. When we returned from a day of sight-seeing, it was still not working and our cheese was ruined and our beverages were warm. I called down and they moved us to another room. Also this room had a lamp that did not work and the soap dispenser was falling off the shower. She moved us to a new room. The refrig worked but the tile in the bathroom was cracked and the towels very thin. We also went down to the pool and hot tub. The pool was nice, but the hot tub was dirty and the jets did not work.I was surprised and disappointed that my "go to" hotel seems to be going into disrepair. I hope that the management will take note and make the repairs needed to keep this hotel at a 3 star and outstanding!!

Room Tip: I recommend going to the back tower of rooms.
2  Thank CharWoodburn_OR
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Having spent two nights here, I would probably stay again. Hotel staff was courteous. Breakfast was adequate too. Only negatives were that the bathroom had a large sized moldy area in the shower and the pool was closed most of our visit. We did not have time to use the pool anyway. Since it was a Hotwire purchase, I am not disappointed. Management needs to take a walk thru since the housekeeping must not be mentioning ongoing problems with the property. Other than the shower ceiling, the room was quite clean.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

It would be an understatement to say that this hotel did not meet our normal expectations of a "3 star" hotel (which is what Priceline assured us we were receiving). It was very outdated (i.e. nothing has been updated in over 30 years). The rooms smelled dank and smoky. The linens and towels were very worn. The sink did not drain properly. The tub squeaked (either because it was not fitted well or because the supporting beams had become damp and compromised). The mattress, all of the appliances, the furniture, the carpeting (i.e. EVERYTHING) needed to be replaced YEARS ago. In fact, after walking from the bathroom to the bed without socks, my feet felt STICKY. Additionally, the parking was sparse, the free breakfast was underwhelming, and the noise from other guests (because rooms have zero soundproofing) was irritating and disruptive. Needless to say, we will not be staying here again (nor will be utilizing Priceline services as long as they continue being deceptive to customers).

Room Tip: Try another hotel in the area.
2  Thank CounselorGina
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We chose this hotel because the location was convenient for my husband and I. We have traveled a lot over the years and feel we have a lot to compare to. The room was filthy. We didn't see this all at once, but over the course of a 7 hour stay (3 PM to 10 AM) we discovered on the floor: food, a bottle cap and right next to the bed, a fish hook! Wallpaper was torn in the corner of the room and the furniture was stained. For $125, we expected more. When we turned in the bottle cap and the fish hook to the front desk, they did not seem very concerned.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Courtyard Portland Tigard
4 mi away
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
1 mi away
Courtyard Portland Beaverton
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Beaverton
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard? Share your experiences!