Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here because, well, we had an extended stay and the price was right. On the plus side, it's in a quiet area (a commercial park with lots of corporate offices). The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was adequate. The "grab and go" breakfast was a plus, something we were not expecting. But they are able to offer a budget price because the service is minimal. I knew that they would make up and clean the room only once a week, but I didn't realize that when they did so, they did not replace things I thought of as necessities, such as bath soap--anything like that you had to ask for at the front desk. Anything extra wasn't available. There were 5 hangers for the two of us, and when I asked if we could have a few more, the (very nice and apologetic) answer was no, sorry, they were full. Ditto for an extra pillow. The towels were scratchy, as was the TP (we bought our own.) As for the kitchen, the cooking equipment consisted of a saucepan, a colander, and a spatula. There was a two-burner cook top and a microwave; it was adequate for breakfast and lunch, but I'm not sure how you would cook dinner there, unless you just nuked it. There was nothing to indicate that the minimal dishes and silverware (one soup spoon, one teaspoon, two knives, one salad fork, one regular fork) had been washed, and since any dishes left out remained unwashed after housekeeping made up the room, I had no confidence in the cleanliness of same. The wireless was so slow as to be almost useless. The staff were very nice, but stretched thin; twice I went to the front desk during busy times to find that the single desk person was off dealing with some issue elsewhere (with a sign apologizing and asking folks to wait). Bottom line: we would not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you stay here, ask for a room away from the trash bins. Twice we were awakened in the early hour...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan M

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We liked the idea of an all suites hotel with full kitchen supposedly fully equipped, but unfortunately, the Tigard version needs some work. The refrigerator leaked water on the floor, the drinking water filter, when activated, sprayed water all over the kitchen area, and the bed was one that a cough by one partner shakes the entire bed, and wakes the other. Further, with the air conditioner set at 60, it's coldest level, the temperature in the room - until after midnight - never dropped below about 74 or 75. However, the hotel is in a beautiful setting with many trees and shrubbery to help deaden the freeway noise. With a little attention to maintenance, this place would rank 4 stars.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 261billh
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

A lady in the lobby said "they're nice but low on resources" when I arrived. I couldn't have said it better. For the most part, they were helpful, but things you would think are obvious were not. None of our lamps had lightbulbs, we had to ask for them, the walls and coffee maker were not clean, so you have to assume the last guest was the last person to "clean", not housekeeping. There was food and old Oreos behind end tables and under the bed. Our shower was not draining properly so we had to call maintenance, who came the next day, which would have been great- BUT he left the toilet seat up.... So thank you mr. for using my bathroom while you fixed it--- weird!! Location was perfect for my needs, but if not for location I wouldn't be back. My friends who also stayed had worse experiences than myself, so I counted my blessings. I was willing to ask for lightbulbs and ignore Oreos for a few days, I have bigger things to worry about! Still, spending 10-20 more a night may be worth having it cleaned every day!! (I hope you know they only come into the room 1x/week)

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank SycamoreManor
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed here for two nights. The location was pretty nice as I was able to quickly get things from winco groceries nearby and it was right next to the interstate (but I never heard the interstate which was nice). My husband had already checked in and had a key so I went to the lobby to get one of my own and they didn't even card me, for security purposes this didn't really settle with me very well.

The overall look of the hotel was nice, especially for the price and even seeing the room for the first time, which is very small, I was still satisfied. The cleanliness of the room was not as great. There were streaks of what looked like deodorant (or who knows really) on the headboard of the bed, the furniture looked like it had been ripped up from an animal. Minimal dishes in the kitchen (again it was expected), but no toaster which was disappointing.

When I used the laundry room it was pretty messy with debris all over the floor (including a fake tooth) and the office was out of quarters which is the only way you can get quarters. The staff was always friendly but would never go out of their way to accommodate. If I had a choice to stay here again I most likely wouldn't, I would much rather pay an extra amount.

If you don't care about the "extras" that nicer hotels have then I would highly recommend this place. They give you a place to sleep and that's pretty much it.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Always clean and comfortable rooms. I stay here every month for 2-3 nights. Friendly staff. The parking can be a little tricky depending on where your room is. Decent sized rooms overall, I say go for it! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Leo W
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I travel quite often, and this is at the top of my places for everything..!!! From reservation to checkout and making stay changes all people interactions could not have been better..I will go out of my way and drive considerable distance to stay there again..

Room Tip: Talk to the desk clerk..
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Montanaman_10
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was only in the room a short time upon registering as I was to leave soon for work. I got in from work very late and took a shower to find the drain in the tub draining so slowly that it allowed "debris" to return from the drain into my shower water. Before completion of my shower, the water was higher than my ankles. I did not mention it at midnight, when I noticed it as there was nothing anyone could do at that time and I was going to bed. When I awakened the next morning, I went to make a pot of coffee only to realize the lid for the coffee pot did not fit and actually fell off while pouring the coffee. Though I did not get burned, it was certainly a possibility. Luckily, I had my own travel coffee mug which I had brought inside as there were no dishes of any sort in the room. There was no cookware, no plates, no coffee cups, no bowls, no drinking glasses. I had the use of a spoon, a fork, two butter knives and a plastic serving spoon. As I was on my way to work, I simply wrote the issues down and put my room number on the paper. I went to the front office upon departure and handed the paper to the clerk, telling her I would be out for the day if she could see to it that these items were fixed "some time today". She nodded while looking me in the eye, my understanding of an acknowledgment. When I returned to the room at 1145 PM, hoping to again take a shower, I found that NOTHING had been done. I went to the office before taking my shower to ask if there was any information as to why these things had not been taken care of. The clerk (of course, a different person) did not know but did offer to have someone fix it "tomorrow" - after I would be checking out. She did provide me with some basic kitchen items though what I really wanted to do was to take a CLEAN bath which was not possible. The staff was all very friendly, the bed was comfortable, the room was comfortable, other than the things I specifically chose your facility for. I travel for my job and look for places in which I can have a few comforts of home while doing so. I purposely chose an ESA facility, rather than another facility MUCH closer to my workplace for this very reason. As I will be in the area a lot in the next few months and will be in need of such accommodations, I will be searching for another establishment. Had I just wanted a bed and TV, I feel I could have pain less money and been equally as accommodated, if not even betty by at least a continental breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Holli N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Quality Inn Tigard - Portland Southwest
Courtyard Portland Tigard
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
Comfort Suites Southwest
Comfort Suites Southwest
#58 of 144 in Portland

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard? Share your experiences!