We had a relative at OHSU recovering from cancer surgery and stayed here two times within the last couple of weeks. First time, got a great rate from Hotwire and that's how we discovered the place. Location was convenient. The room was clean, roomy, and had a homey feel. The man at the front desk recommended a great Chinese restaurant that delivered to the room. They made sure we got a ground floor room due to my bad knees
Second time, we decided to bring our dogs and made the reservation directly with the hotel. As a result, the room rate was higher than our first visit. In talking to the person on the phone, she said there would be a $25 dog fee which seemed okay for the two small beagles I clearly told her we'd be bringing. Upon arriving, we found the fee was $25 per dog so the person on the phone was neither truthful nor knowledgeable about that. They also assigned an upstairs room which didn't make sense considering people need to walk the dogs and the aforementioned bad knees from a recent repeat customer.
Jessica was able to move us to a downstairs room--thank you! It was a nice room that was accessible to the extent I needed. I appreciated the grab bars in the shower but didn't see how the shower/tub situation would work for somebody in a wheelchair, for instance. The shower head was awful and it took quite a while to regulate the water temperature. King bed was comfortable and we got a good night's sleep. This is a very peaceful and quiet location. Comments about parking are valid and you can end up some distance from your room. Jessica followed up with a phone call to make sure the room was okay.
There are many good things about this place but in all honesty, we've never paid anything close to $50 for the dogs anywhere else we've stayed. For what we paid in total this night, we could have gotten a place with a hot breakfast in the morning. Although everyone was very nice during both stays and Jessica definitely went out of her way to do what she could, we probably won't stay here again. When guests check in, there should never be "surprises" that cost them more money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Homestead Tigard / Lake Oswego. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studio suite rooms featuring a fully-equipped kitchen. Our studio suite rooms provide the comfort and convenience our guests value most including a bedroom area, fully equipped kitchen, dining and desk area. We invite you to view floor plans and take a virtual tour of our Studio Suite and our Deluxe Studio Suite rooms below. Note that the actual room layout may vary slightly depending on bed type. Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead Studio Suites Tigard / Lake Oswego Hotel Tigard
- Extended Stay America Tigard
- Homestead Suites Tigard
- Homestead Tigard
- Tigard Homestead Suites