“Great extended stay for the price”

Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here for two weeks. This is the lowest cost decent extended stay you can find around. Price is very reasonable. Room is relatively large compared with a hotel room at this price, or even more epensive. With choice of two queen (or king? not sure) beds or a bed and a sofa which can open to a third bed. Room has all amenities in it to include regular size fridge, small kitchen, some plates cups and utensils, TV, AC, and bathroom with shower. (No bathtub, although other rooms may have it. Not sure). Free WiFi is available and working fine but slow. You can pay for faster connection. We did not, and it was enough. Everything in the room is well maintained and working. The walking area in-front of the rooms is clean, as well as the lawns, the picnic tables area and the parking lot. Washers and dryers are available for $2 a run each. Laundry room is nice and clean. They will clean the room for you once a week, at the day of your choice. Extra towels were available to us at any time that we asked for them. Breakfast is nothing more than a coffe and a muffing really, but this is an extended stay place. Not a full blown hotel. Everybody who stayed there when we stayed were polite to everyone else. While some guys who work in the area and provided rooms to live in this extended stay by their employer - may do barbeque and have some beers at the picnic table area in the evening - they were still polite and called everything off early enough to not be noisy after hours. The place was very quiet at night! Typical residents were workers as mentioned above, people who come to OHSU (hospital) from out of city or out of state, and families, either vacationing or on their way from one place to the next.
While the property itself is in a mostly business / offices area, you can find withing 5-10 minutes of driving a bunch of places to shop and eat. Checkout Pacific Hwy off HWY 217, Cruse way and Bangi road in Lake Oswego, the I-5/ Hwy 217 area, Bridgeport mall, Washingto Mall and more.
This place is pretty basic, but great for what it is intended to be!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Adi H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are so thrilled to hear that you had such a great stay while you were here with us. We were very happy to hear that you were so pleased with the rooms, location, grounds and cleanliness. We really appreciate you taking the time to write such an extensive and informative review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have stayed at a few Extended Stay locations from mediocre to downright atrocious. The atrocious experience is why we booked at this location - we had a free night stay!! I didn't have high hopes due to previous experiences but this hotel exceeded my expectations on every level. The check in process was quick and painless - we were pleasantly surprised that the person checking us in was alone and still able to provide great service although it was clear she was very busy. We walked into our King Suite and were in awe. The furnishings were contemporary, the bed firm, it had two bathrooms, kitchen, two flat screen TV's and tons of storage. We were in heaven!! Had the best night sleep and really didn't want to leave. We travel to Oregon quite frequently and will most certainly be back. Thanks Extended Stay Tigard for restoring our faith in your company!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about your stay with us at the Extended Stay America. We are so very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay so much and were pleased with everything from check in right through to check out. We take great pride in providing our guests with clean, comfortable rooms, as well as great customer service. It is one of the most rewarding parts of my job to read a survey such as yours and we thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to post your review and for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I booked this hotel on Priceline and got a great price, so was concerned about what kind of property this would be. I was very pleasantly surprised. The location was perfect and the hotel grounds just beautiful. This is not a "full service" hotel, but I was aware of that before I arrived, so I was prepared. However, the front desk staff went out of their way to provide excellent customer service. The kitchen was not particularly well stocked, so I just called and asked for whatever I needed, and someone immediately brought it to my room. The "grab and go" breakfast in the lobby in the mornings was easy, quick and got us going. The rooms were basic, but clean and comfortable. I would most definately stay here again. It is a quick 15 minute drive into Portland from this hotel, and very easy to find.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank gg p
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the location, the helpfulness of the staff and the cleanliness of your room. I'm also happy to hear you were able to enjoy our new grab-and-go breakfast and found it to be a quick, easy start to your day.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

All I needed was a quiet, clean room for the night. This hotel was exactly that but beyond my expectations! My room was very quiet, bedding felt clean, fresh and comfortable. From the moment I arrived and was greeted by the very friendly receptionist to the moment I checked out and was thanked for my stay..everything was wonderful. The amenities in the room were a plus! Thanks again and I will for sure be chosing you for my next stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We are thrilled to know we were able to exceed your expectations and provide you with a clean, comfortable experience while you were a guest at our hotel. I am also very happy to hear you were pleased with the staff and the amenities we have to offer in our rooms.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Good experience. Great location. Only complaint is they didn't have a sheet for the hide-a-way bed, otherwise it was a good experience. We will definitely consider extended stay for any trips we take in the future.

Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that you did not have linens for the sleeper sofa. This is to be provided in all rooms with a sleeper sofa and has been addressed with the housekeeping staff. For future reference, anything you need to make your stay more enjoyable, is always available through the front desk and we would be more than happy to provide you with it. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with an overall good experience and that you were pleased with the location of our hotel.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were looking for a place to stay for three months while my husband underwent a medical procedure that would entail him staying in Portland near OHSU. This place was one of those recommended by the staff . We were very impressed by the beauty, all of the green landscaping, and the cleanliness of the hotel. The rooms had a small stove, a full size refrigerator, a microwave, and a dish drain. It's just what we need to be able to stay in the Portland area without having to find an apartment, furnish it, and do all the deposits and red tape for utilities. It was reasonably priced, and We have one huge weight off of our shoulders. Did I mention they have a laundry room? And that they are easy to get to from the freeway? And that the staff is helpful, and knowledgeable? A very good experience overall. Our only problem was not being able to park very close to the room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about Extended Stay America Tigard. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay with us and found the setting, rooms, cleanliness and staff to be so enjoyable.

I am sorry to hear you were unable to park close to your room. During high season when we are running such high occupancy, it is sometimes hard to get the closest parking space by your room and for that we do apologize.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Room was clean and the bed was so comfortable. It was a great experience. Staff was friendly and very accomidating. I got a great deal on the room and the location of the motel was off the beatin path, beautiful place to stay

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Tamara - It is so rewarding to read that you had a such a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We are very pleased that you found your room to be clean, the bed to be comfortable and the staff to be friendly as well as accommodating. We truly enjoyed having you visit with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Quality Inn Tigard - Portland Southwest
Comfort Suites Southwest
Comfort Suites Southwest
#56 of 144 in Portland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Courtyard Portland Tigard

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard? Share your experiences!