“Quietest place I've ever stayed!”

Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Tacoma, Washington
“Quietest place I've ever stayed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here three nights for a work related trip. I could have stayed at a friends house or another hotel but I wanted to be able to have the freedom to eat what I could and know it was prepared properly without a bunch of fuss (I was on a strict diet at the time). The hotel was conveniently a half block from where I was attending a training. The room was spacious, and had lots of space for food storage. I had to giggle because there there three table knives in the drawer, a colandar, whisk, two spoons and a can opener. Luckily there are several grocery store options nearby which made it easy to stock up. The full sized refridgerator came in handy!
The hotel itself is located on within a quiet, park-like campus with the various buildings making up the hotel spread out amongst a grove of fir/pine trees. THis means all units are entered from the outside instead of through a lobby. This meant that there was no noise from people walking up/down halls, closing doors or elevator bells which was very soothing and relaxing.
The only drawback was there is no fitness/exercise room (nor priviliges at a local facility) and there is no actual signage on the building that says "Extended Stay America" that you can see from the street. So when I approached it from 68th Parkway ( I came off of I-5) I actually drove past it before I realized that the little green sign with a "star" in the driveway median was the hotel entrance. The only signage I saw that said "Extended Stay America" was located on the backside of the property facing a different highway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Portland - Tigard. We apologize for our hotel signage that was destroyed when a truck ran over it. The "star" signage is only temporary and we are currently awaiting our new entry signage that will clearly mark the entrance to our facility. I am glad you were able to enjoy our amenties, we are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on my for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
medford, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have been travelling back and forth from S. Oregon to Portland for the past three years and have stayed in several different hotels in the area and settled in here in Tigard, very comfortably I might add. Recently re-modeled, the hotel looks great and the rooms very comfortable and roomy. The staff, I speak mainly of Linn the staff member I mainly have contact with, always greets us with a smile and by name :-) and makes sure that everything I need, if I need, is taken care of promptly and efficiently. I highly recommend staying here, did I mention nice kitchenettes!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ron M
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience and staff recognition at Extended Stay America Portland - Tigard. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. I will be certain to thank Linn for taking such great care of you during your visit. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on my for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Langley, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Refreshing change for lodging. Modern, clean and economical. Lots of cupboards and closets. Large bathroom and great kitchen set up for easy meals. Easy access to Bridgeport Village shopping. Located in a quite area, nice to not have the freeway noise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out of your day to write such a wonderful review about your stay at the Extended Stay America - Tigard. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of our proximity to local shops. Thank you again for kind words and we certainly look forward to having you back again as our guest.
Grants Pass, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Thank you to the management and staff at Extended Stay America,Portland, Tigard, Oregon.
Our 10 day stay was excellent. The room was perfect, the Hotel grounds where very well kept, also house keeping, very professional and quite.
We found the management to be receptive and accommodating to all our needs. Tony the manager was the best and made our stay wonderfull.
I would definitly recommend this Hotel and give a 5***** rating
This is a great place to stay if your in Portland for business or pleasure. The location of the hotel is close to everything. We where able to be anywhere in Tirard or Portland in minutes because of multiple freeway access and choice, yet the location was secluded and quiet.
Our best to Extended Stay America, Portland, Tigard
Wil & Lois G

1 Thank Wilber J G
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Portland - Tigard. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on my for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Keizer, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We sold our house on the East Coast and needed a place to stay while we located and moved into our new place. We stayed here and considering that there were 2 adults and a very big cat in a small space, it went well. The staff is always responsive and friendly. We had a couple of minor maintenance issues with our unit, but they were promptly handled. The rooms were recently remodeled so are fresh, however the remodel was cheaply done and the cabinets in particular could have stood a higher quality product. The location is close to the highways yet quiet. One drawback for some people would be the lack of restaurants within walking distance. There is a small kitchenette in the units primarily oriented towards microwaving food or heating up a can of soup. We wound up bring dishes, silverware, and pots and pans in from our rv so that we could cook more. There is an onsite secure laundry room which comes in handy.

Room Tip: If you have lots of laundry to do, try for a room near the front office. If you run out of supplies...
1 Thank CARGRM
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Portland - Tigard. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, including our four-legged guests, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. I was most delighted to read that my staff was always responsive to your needs, friendly and quick to fix any maintenance issues during your three month stay with us. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
Crescent City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Because of my wife's surgery and treatment schedule at the VA hospital, I have stayed at 12 different hotels in the last 6 months. Extended Stay was my favorite. The renovated rooms with small kitchens was just what I needed. A nice recliner, flat screen TV, a heater that was not too loud, and a good wi-fi signal also. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only things that would have made my stay perfect was a little better breakfast and a soap dispenser in the laundry room.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Portland - Tigard. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. We were glad to hear you liked the recent upgrades like the new recliner, flat screen TV and upgraded Wi-Fi. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America. It would, of course, be our pleasue for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any of your future travel needs and thank you again for your review.
Applegate, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

This stay was for a medical trip that took us 275 miles from home. The newly renovated rooms are wonderful... clean, great colors, efficient and welcoming. The staff was so helpful and caring and they made me feel very relaxed. I would walk into the office and be greeted by name from Mari... it meant a lot to me that she used my name and was so caring. Everything was handled perfectly. The laundry facility is very clean and the machines well cared for. We needed a germ free environment for my son's out-patient care due to a stem-cell transplant. This hotel met our needs in every way. There is good shopping for groceries a short distance from the hotel and they had great simple maps to get me anywhere I needed to go. The staff was all friendly and helpful... I will recommend this hotel to anyone needing a long stay. The complimentary breakfast provided healthy breakfast bars, oatmeal packages, coffee, fruit, etc. It helped us get going in the morning. I was not expecting a full course breakfast and this was all we needed.

Room Tip: We were in an end room which is slightly larger and in Building 3. We faced away from the traffic a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manager-RDO, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard, responded to this review, January 21, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Quality Inn Tigard
Phoenix Inn Suites
#2 of 7 in Lake Oswego
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square

Been to Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard? Share your experiences!