“Fun experience for the whole family.”

Live Laugh Love Art
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Tigard
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Where FUN begins and LEARNING never ends! Live Laugh Love Glass was inspired by Brett & Natalie Vinsant as friends and family would say it is their hobby on steroids. The studio contains a state-of-the-art glass blowing hot shop, educational facility, gallery, and event space located in Tigard Oregon. Designed to attract people of all ages and skill levels - from the beginning student to professional artist. We offer at the studio a wide range of art activities from Glass Blowing, Glass Fusing, Canvas Painting and Welding Workshops for individuals and groups. Offering private instruction, small group workshops, demonstrations, group team-building events and even catered events. Live Laugh Love Glass is your one stop art entertainment and learning facility. We regularly open our doors to school groups for tours and demonstrations. Where the FUN begins and LEARNING never ends!
Tigard, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun experience for the whole family.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Amazing instruction given. Very professional and a well set up business. I was so happy with the experience both myself and partner had.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Mercedes1976_11

Beaverton, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible experience- highly recommend it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

My family took a glass blowing class together (2 kids ages 12 and 15) with Live Laugh Love Glass. The studio is beautiful and the observation deck is really cool and beautifully decorated (and comfortable!). They also have a restaurant which I am eager to try for a date night glass blowing dinner show.
Our instructor was Evan and he has amazing talent and took time individually with each one of us to create individual works of art. Brett and Natalie, the owners, are so friendly and helpful too. The glass pieces we made are breathtaking and the experience left us eagerly anticipating our next visit and creations!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank ABpdx
freshscent
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“The best hands-on experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

I stumbled upon Live Laugh Love Glass while trying to find exciting and fun things to do while visiting the Portland area. I have always been fascinated by glass blowing, but never really thought I would have the opportunity to give it a try without signing up for some lengthy course at a college or something. I jumped on the Introductory Class, and booked it over the phone for two of us. My confirmation email came right away.

We arrived for our scheduled time and signed some wavers. They have a nice elevated viewing area where you can watch what is going on in the studio through big plate-glass windows. We watched a lady and the instructors working on a piece together. I was very excited thinking that I was going to get to do that next. A video was playing on the TVs too of some glass blowing event -- half a dozen or so artists working on huge pieces. It was inspiring to see what can be done with glass, but I kept my hopes much simpler.

Safety goggles on and into the studio we went. It is a bit warm, but thats to be expected with a large oven of molten glass and a second one for heating the glass up as its being worked with. Paul, our instructor was fantastic!! He first gave us a tour of the equipment and was very thorough in pointing out how to handle equipment and what might be dangerous. He encouraged us to ask any questions which we might think of. I thought of many, and with the true patience of a teacher and passion of an artist he answered everything!!

We got to choose what sort of piece we were going to blow, and what colors we wanted to use. They have two huge bread carts with container after container of colored glass chips which are used to put the color you want into the clear glass. Paul helped me to pick colors that would work well together.

He was very helpful in assisting with the steps in the process of making my piece, yet encouraging and supportive in allowing me to experience each step. For the newbie, there is quite a bit to think about while working with glass and I was a bit scared to mess something up and have a shattered chunk of glass to go home with. Thankfully all the guidance, and assistance paid off. I was so focused and having fun that I lost track of time. I think my piece took about 40 minutes to create, but I get to enjoy it forever!

We came back the next day to pick up our art. It needs to cool down slowly in an oven which brings the temperature of the glass down slow enough as to not cause stress within the glass. Stressed glass can end up shattering, which would not be a fun thing to have happen with my first piece of blown glass.

I would highly recommend this business to anyone: kids, families, couples, or friends. I will be going back for sure next time I am in the Portland area!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank freshscent

Been to Live Laugh Love Art? Share your experiences!