“Surprisingly Good Food...For a Sport's Bar”

Thirsty Lion at Washington Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Thirsty Lion at Washington Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 161 Restaurants in Tigard
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Greenburg
Transit: TriMet serves the Washington Square Mall area.
Description: Thirsty Lion is an entirely new pub experience. We offer a wide range of menu options, exceptional service and great music.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Have had lunch there twice. And while I think it is designed with a male perspective :) in mind, (lot's TVs, and beer, and cute, young things), there is a lovely outside eating area (pergola-like) with terrific sunshades, and plenty of seating, and indoors, you can find areas that are not overwhelmed by TVs. And so to the food: I was truly surprised, I've had a Strawberry/Candied Hazelnut/Feta cheese salad with Balsamic dressing. Fresh, cold, crunchy, perfect Balsamic Dressing (ample portion), Very good fish and chips and one of the better cheese burgers I've had (one of my favorite foods! So, I'm picky). Service is timely without being pushy. While sports bars aren't my thing, and since Tigard is short on decent restaurants, I'll be back!

There are newer reviews for Thirsty Lion at Washington Square

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Good place to hang out and drink a beer. No fancy crushed ice daquiris though (no blender in the place). Menu is typical bar food. We chose to have a drink and soaked up the atmosphere which was friendly and busy.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Love food and beer but is music is played too loudly and with a poor music selection. When asked to turn it down, there was no flexibility. Might as well order in and have a beer in my backyard next time.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our family was here from out of town. We had a great dinner, so many options on the menu. My husband had the lamp shank, which was recommended by our hotel . He really enjoyed it. I had the signature salad- awesome. My son had pizza, thin crust; you can watch it being made. My daughter had something off the kids menu. The service was very good, my son spilled his drink, and it was replaced tight away. The price was reasonable. The atmosphere was great. My husband and son went there for dinner the next night too, while the 'girls' went shopping.

1  Thank Sue181777
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Had a great meal here with daughter and son-in-law while we were in town visiting them. The food was good and the meal came quickly. Husband had issues with several of his mussels not opening but waitress sent the manager over and she had the cook make him more. Great service.

1  Thank Lindaosm