“Mrs”

Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Very friendly,welcoming staff.Room was very clean.I would appreciate if for next time we would have a bottle water in a fridge.Otherwise I would highly recommend for anybody.Breakfast was Excellent!
I did enjoy the stay!

Room Tip: King size bed!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Perfection is the only word to describe this hotel. We loved absolutely everything about it!!! From the moment we checked in, every detail was better than we could have imagined, especially the value for the money!!! The girls who checked us in really did a fabulous job of making us feel like we were the most important clients to ever grace this hotel, including a free upgrade that wow, was just exceptional! They explained the area, many features of the hotel, and even gave us a map and coupons for some of the places and restaurants nearby! (Now that is service!) The lobby is stunning but paled in comparison to the fabulous room which featured a jetted corner tub and separate sleeping area. Furnishings were wonderful and despite being next to a major shopping district (which is a real plus) was very quiet and welcoming. Shopping and restaurants are just steps away making this an ideal location for just about any type of visit. Classy and refined style without feeling pretentious or over the top, for us it was an ideal balance of comfort and style. This hotel is perfect for families or business travelers offering all the comforts of home with the conveniences of a portable office. The included breakfast was a real plus offering all the standard fairs you would expect, bagels, waffles, etc but what really made it stand out was the hostess who worked tirelessly to make it all look perfect! The room was almost to capacity but you would never know it with every tray and dish filled and fresh and dirty tables cleaned in an instant. That girl deserves a raise! She didn't stop for a second and her attention to detail really showed in making for a quality guest experience. Its the level of service exhibited by the front desk staff , housekeeping, and breakfast hostess who really made and already wonderful stay exceptional. All in all, you simply will not find a better place to stay, especially for the price than the Grand Hotel. We can't wait to stay again! Book today, you will not be disappointed!!!!

Room Tip: Buy the upgraded room with the jetted corner tub, you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank TheTempletons
joshsanders, General Manager at Grand Hotel At Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Hello TheTempletons,

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know how we did! I'm so glad that your stay was excellent and will make sure to pass on your kind words to our staff members. We look forward to accommodating you again!

Josh Sanders

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has truly earned my 5-star rating. Accommodations are upscale, staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Location is great. 5-min. Walk to Whole Foods, REI, and 15 great restaurants. Outdoor mall with 16-pled movies. Go!

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank BendBurd
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Very nice place to stay. We stayed for three nights for a trip to visit family. The lobby has a nice fireplace and comfortable couches and chairs. The room was very clean. The staff was nice and the cleaning person made sure everything was perfect. Breakfast buffet was good and varied a little from day to day. Only drawback is the automated faucet in the bathroom sink. It shut off automatically so you could never get actual hot water from it which was annoying. We tried wrapping a towel around the sensors with no success. Even though that was unpleasant, we will be back if we travel back to the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2014

1st - Experience with Hotel & Expedia. February 13, 2014, trying to surprise my husband with a last minute Valentines Night away from the kids. When I found this hotel on Expedia it said there were 5 rooms left. The room pic looked huge and classy so I called the hotel front desk to confirm they had a room left to book, but they said they only had the Presidential Suite left on Valentines Day. Because of my inexperience with Expedia, I told the front desk that there were 5 rooms left on the travel sites. She told me if I book a room with Expedia and the hotel doesn't have rooms available Expedia will move me to a different hotel. That was not something I wanted to do! So before I proceeded, I called Expedia back and asked them to clarify their policies. Expedia said if their website says there are rooms available, and I place my reservation they will send a confirmation email of the reservation and I will be set. So I placed my online reservation, called the hotel the next day to confirm and they had me in there.

All that to say, the hotel should inform their employees how to answer questions the correct way when it comes to 3rd party online bookings. It would have saved me time and a big headache.

#2 -Now to the Hotel itself. Walking into the Lobby I was impressed on the clean upscale look it gave. The employee who checked us in was friendly and informed us of the Continental Breakfast in the morning. Our room was 420, two queens. Previous reviews had mentioned how large the rooms were and they were 100% correct. The room & bathroom were huge and spacious. Granite sinks, shower and bath. High Class look. 2 beds, leather love-seat, coffee table, desk & chair, the largest mini refrigerator I have ever seen in a hotel, microwave, and small/medium flat screen TV and wardrobe closet. The huge bathroom had a detached bathtub and shower. The only issue we had with the room was the selection of TV channels was horrible. No Pay-Per-View movie option or DVD player. After living by our DVR, it was hard to channel surf through stupid channels to get to only 3 possible movie stations.

Despite the hotel being 100% occupied, the noise level was completely quiet at night. No sounds from between the room walls, which for Valentines Day was surprising.
Breakfast was included in the stay: Scrambled Eggs, Roasted Potatoes, Sausage Link, Cold Cereal, Cinnamon Rolls, Waffles, Toast, Fresh Fruit, Juice & Coffee. Good selection, quality of eggs, sausages and potatoes were a little below Denny's quality, eggs were a little to gooey and runny for my taste and sausage was a little undercooked, potatoes didn't taste too fresh. But, for a huge room and breakfast for $136 I was not complaining. It did the job to fill us up and my husband was stuffed.
I wish I could find more hotels like this when we travel in the future with our 3 kids. You could have comfortably fit a family of 6 in that room which we only paid $136 (tax included). I would go back in a heartbeat, next time I will plan ahead and stay in the Hot Tub room, which looks absolutely amazing for the price! MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS WITHOUT ANY RESERVATION!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel during a big snow storm. The front desk staff went out of their way to accommodate us. We had some challenges getting around town due to the weather and both Cassie and Jesus personally took the time to secure transportation for us and find restaurants that were still open. We were very happy that we were upgraded to a suite on the third floor that was spacious, clean and had a mini kitchenette and good sized fridge. They sell a small assortment of food in the lobby and the wine options for a small sundry shop were very good. As others have mentioned, location is perfect for shopping, restaurants and getting around since it's off the main highway. Really nice free breakfast, loved the waffles.

Room Tip: recommend higher floor, corner room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2014

the wife and I do an after Christmas getaway every year and we go to the Grand Hotel in Tigard. There are lots of excellent restaurants in the area with a great mall right across the street. the rooms are extra large with comfortable beds and a free and fast wi-fi. There is an excellent free breakfast included in the already great price. the rooms are extra clean and quiet. the staff are all friendly and helpful. It is a very short drive to portland if we want to go into the fast pace of the city and then a quick drive back out of the hustle and bustle. what more can I say we love it there.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Century Hotel
Century Hotel
#2 of 2 in Tualatin
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Comfort Inn & Suites Tualatin - Portland South
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego
Courtyard Portland Tigard
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego

Been to Grand Hotel At Bridgeport? Share your experiences!