“nice hotel, great location”

Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Reviewed November 7, 2011

my family and i have stayed here several times for a mini vacation and to enjoy the local shopping and restraunts that are in the area. the location is amazing, right across the street from Bridgeport Village and Claim Jumper. The rooms are big and clean. The beds are nice and soft. and most importantly, the bathrooms are HUGE! The staff is very helpful and friendly. Its definetly my favorite hotel to stay in the tigard area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed October 28, 2011

A typical American road hotel. Big room, poorly designed & furnished. No safe box. The swimming pool is too small to actually swim in. Isolated location.
But on a positive note, the staff are friendly & very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Razzi-B
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I had a decent stay with the exception of being able to hear hallway and next door room noise. But the experience was made much worse 2 months later when I received a charge on my credit card, out of the blue, from the hotel for 409.22. Getting someone at the hotel to tell me why this charge was made has been difficult at best - the person who is supposed to know is never there and my voice mail and messages left at the front desk are never returned. The only remedy I have been able to enact is reporting it as a fraudulent charge and close the card.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Lori L
joshsanders, General Manager at Grand Hotel At Bridgeport, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2011

Hi Lori,

We never want to have guests be unhappy, but as you know after speaking with us this situation was considerably more complicated than the few sentences above communicate. I will spare you (and the rest of the internet) by not revisiting the details here. While we do want you to be happy, we are a business and needed to be paid for the services that were rendered.

We still want to make you happy, and the offer that we discussed with you on the phone still stands.

Josh Sanders

Reviewed October 18, 2011

At best this place is above average only because it is new and everything is fresh, but I wouldn't call it "Grand". It is a convenient hotel located just off I-5 near a very nice shopping district. It has a nice hot breakfast with eggs, sausage, and waffles. The rooms are large and decorated in a modern and masculine style. The bathrooms are enormous with a separate bathtub and shower stall lined in granite tiles. But other than that it was a very average room that you would expect at any newer hotel.

Service was average; the staff was polite and friendly as you would expect in a service industry.

Make sure you get a room on a higher floor facing away from the freeway however. Actually insist on it! This hotel is only 100 ft from I-5 and it roars night and day!

Room Tip: Select a higher floor and facing away from the freeway. Or ask for earplugs.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Keliiaua
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We had occasion to stay in a couple of the "Grand" chain of hotels. One in Salem Oregon and this one at Bridgeport. Loved both of them. Huge extremely comfortable rooms. Couldn't fault them...enormous bathrooms ....I have a 'thing' about bathrooms and have been extremely disappointed in other hotels where they are the size of a matchbox and there is no room to turn around in...you could have a party in these....helpful, cheerful, attentive staff...what more could you ask for? Being a couple of Aussies on holiday we were not disappointed with the directions to Mt Hood...thanks to the front desk staff we were able to see snow...in the middle of summer ....bizarre but so much fun. This one in Bridgeport has complimentary undercover parking, complimentary internet and an enormous foyer...beautifully furnished and is within walking distance of one of the most beautiful outdoor shopping malls I have ever been in.....lovely restaurants, retail outlets, cinemas and lots of gorgeous flowers in hanging baskets....all worth a return trip. Thanks Grand!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I had a good experience at the hotel while I stayed there. Unfortunately, I left a bracelet in the room that was not valuable, but had sentimental value. I called three times to ask about it and was told that someone would call me back each time. Finally, on my third call someone left a message for me essentially saying "Sorry, we couldn't find your bracelet. Good luck". I'm wondering if the time lag between my loss and the actual follow up impacted the result. I would probably stay there again, but just be more careful about searching my room upon leaving to ensure I didn't leave anything behind, as it appears unlikely that I would get anything returned to me that I happened to lose.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel 2x's in the last year. Its a very clean, spacious hotel. There is a convenient covered parking area at the hotel, a Starbucks down the street, a Whole Foods about 200 yards away and a great outdoor mall across the street (Bridgeport). Nothing extraordinary about the hotel rooms other than they are bigger than most, very nice linens and good pillows. There is a complimentary breakfast off the lobby that's average. Pricing is slightly lower than a Hilton Garden Inn, which makes it a nice choice. I will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Century Hotel
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego
4 mi away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego

Been to Grand Hotel At Bridgeport? Share your experiences!