Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
$139
$70
  • Pool
$109
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego(Lake Oswego)(Great Value!)
$93
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbridgeport villagewhole foodsseparate tub and showerwafflesclaim jumperportland areanice hotelrooms are largewithin walking distancefront desk staffparking garagefresh fruitworkout roomlocation is greatlobby areaindoor pooltop floor
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed at the Grand last weekend, the whole family loved it. We would have stayed an extra day but had to return our rental car. We stayed in the grand suite with adjoining dbl room. The rooms were clean, and the bathrooms were clean with above average space. The kids had a seperate tub and shower. We had a seperate shower with jacuzzi tub, living room and kitchen with a full size fridge. Also a granite counter with two barstools. The breakfast was a nice surprise, real eggs for once and big waffles that tasted great. I would have liked to be able to get a shower cap, luckily i had a plastic bag. They need to stock kitchen with a few plates and forks. I can't do much with two spoons and wine glasses. A microwave is provided but I didn't want to find a store to buy paper plates, to heat up my left over chinese food from Sungari.The bed and pillows are comfortable.My husband slept great, I slept ok. Our suite was a corner room and I could hear some street noise. We will stay here when we are in Tigard.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Bball-Mom03
Reviewed July 8, 2011

This will be the new place i will be staying from now on when am in Portland.
For the $96CAD i paid.. the rooms were clean, huge, and good size. I look that the bathroom has a seperate soaker and tub too so it's pretty big. Hot Breakfast was included with the stay and it's not so bad. Lots of parking space so I don't have to worry when I get back late from shopping.
Definitely, I recommend.
Staff are great. Allowed us to check in early.. how early? 8 am and even offered us to eat breakfast already. Reall cool !

The pool and hot tub was great too .. it closes at 10
Internet was FASSSTTT

Room Tip: Use the facilities !!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2011

It was a last-minute weekend away, not really expecting to find something decent at the 11th hour for the Fourth of July. So when we found a great rate at the Grand Hotel At Bridgeport, we decided to make the 3-plus-hour drive.

We were very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel. Open only about two years, the Grand was great. We loved the width of the hallways, the size and style of the lobby, and the overall colors and decor. The front desk staff were incredibly helpful, pleasant, and always available.

Our room -- a standard king -- was very large, clean, and well appointed. There were little touches, like easy-to-reach plugs, and big things, like a refrigerator and mini-fridge.

The comments about the bed, one has to take with a grain of salt, we feel. Everyone has their comfort levels with mattresses, but we found the bed very comfortable and we both slept well.

The only negative comment about the room was the inconsistent water temperature in the shower. It took a few minutes to heat up, then dropped to freezing before warming again. We think it was related to running water in the bathroom sink at the same time, but it did even out and was fine. At least there was decent water pressure; too many hotels make you suffer through a drizzle.

We appreciated the attempt at breakfast, with two different types of scrambled eggs, sausage, make-your-own waffles, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, and bread items. However, the sausage and eggs were almost cold right out of the dish. Disappointing, but still OK. We got enough to make it to lunch, and that's about all you can ask from a free hotel breakfast.

We loved the free covered parking, and the proximity to the Bridgeport Village mall (though it did lead to an overindulgence of frozen yogurt!).

We have family and friends in the area, and we will be making more trips in the near future. If need of a hotel presents itself, we're staying here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We slept like a baby and loved all the extra pillows on the bed. The beds have down(?) comforters that are double sheeted with beautiful black bedding and bed skirts. The first time we stayed we faced the freeway and learned to stay toward the backside of the hotel. It was a long walk from the elevator (but close to the stairway) and an easy walk to shopping and fun restaurants. Our room also had a separate bathtub and shower…very nice for my elderly parent.
(The only problem were unsupervised small children running from floor to floor and using the only two elevators to ride up and down. When I spoke to the desk they said they would take care of it...which they did only after they saw me literally run into by one of the children...I think their room should have been called...but oh well...the kids were in the pool alone too...and no one got hurt...lucky for everyone.)

Room Tip: Stay in a room NOT facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank KrissyKay
Reviewed June 21, 2011

New property. Asked for top floor well in advance, got 3rd floor instead. Rooms quite spacious, bathrooms large with tub and separate shower. Flat screen tv, but no HD--all analog. Why. Agree with other comments about incessant noise from slamming doors. C'mon, spend a few bucks for those devices that prevent room doors from slamming. Late at night and early in AM--the noise is extremely disruptive. Beds pretty hard although made up nicely. Lobby is large and welcoming, but closer inspection of decor reveals a certain tackiness. Fake flowers everwhere, large paintings--like the ones on the traveling shows which stop at every Red Lion property. Free breakfast is great if you are feeding a soccer team or family of 6--which by the way was happening when we were there, but the food was really tasteless. Sausage links appeared to have been boiled, two kinds of scrambled eggs (cheese and mushroom) like the 'instant' kind from the texture of them. If you like hashbrowns, you will probably "pass" on the ones they served--more correctly called "hash-whites". Waffles, breads and fruits were OK. And coffee? forget it--I put maybe 2 ounces of 1/2 and 1/2 in a cup, filled it with coffee and the color never changed. Thought maybe I had put in hot water, so dumped it, tried again with a different pump pot--same result. Walked couple blocks away for real coffee. Lastly, since this was Father's day weekend I can understand prices being a little high, but $136 a night for little nicer Phoenix Inn was really a bit much. Guess that's why it's only rated a 3 star.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family