“Great Room for the Price”

Motel 6 Portland - Tigard West
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
OLYMPIA
“Great Room for the Price”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

When we drove up we saw the freeway was right next to the building and thought "Uh Oh!"

We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room with a well working TV and a office style workspace. And best of all it was quiet. Must have been designed with the freeway in mind.

Would definately stay there again. No breakfast, just coffee.. but burger king is a 30 second walk away.

Room Tip: Ask for a refrigerator and a King Size bed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed in this motel for two nights during a visit with relatives. The room was clean and very basic with no frills like a hair dryer, shampoo, etc. The towels were a bit skimpy, but we managed. The people at the front desk were friendly. This was just fine for what we needed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver
Reviewed September 4, 2012

First, this property is located across the street from another Motel 6, different owner. This property was a Comfort Inn and was recently renovated. Unlike most old Motel6s, this one has indoor corridors like a regular hotel. It is therefore quieter and safer. Access to the rooms is through the lobby.
We stayed there one night in a two queen bed non smoking room. The room was clean, fairly spacious and quiet as it was not facing the road. There was some noise coming from the upper floor but it did not bother us. Enough towels for three, no coffee maker, no fridge, no microwave. The A/C worked properly.
The staff at the front desk was courteous. Hot water and coffee is available in the lobby. Ice machines and vending machines on every floor. Wifi is available for a fee.
We just needed a place to crash and this motel 6 fit the bill. It was just what we needed at a decent price. If needed, there are a few fast food places in the area. Also easy access from and to the I-5.
We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not confuse with the property across the street which looks more like a truck stop.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank beachcomber381
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Almost didn't book this hotel because of the reviews but i did because i couldn't pass up the price. The room was money well spent since we were not here to hang out in the room. Comfortable place to stay. Stingy with the towels and the pool wasn't the cleanest but again for the price i feel like i got my moneys worth.

• Stayed July 2012
Orem, Utah
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We found a pill behind the bathroom door. No kleenex, no coffee maker. My mother's room smell terribly of chlorine from the pool. They welcomed pets and dogs were pooping outside their window sometimes, but then i guess you get what you pay for. My cheap mother wanted to stay there. I wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: Don't choose a ground level room. Your window is level with the ground. we felt like we were in...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 11, 2011

The Staff made a harassing call to our bedroom at 2am, claiming we have won the prize for "Motel 6's Hottest Guests." They told us to come down to the lobby and take pictures for their website. Then, they said they had pictures of us sleeping and that they took pictures from the security camera of us, so it didn't matter if we came down or not. The manager was NOT helpful and shifted the blame to us. My letters and police report did nothing and I still haven't received a refund I requested. This was THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. I have been arguing with them for over a month!

Room Tip: Don't go here, no room is safe!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank skagirlins
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I was kind of upset when I walked into the lobby. It smelled like cigarette smoke and so did the hallways, but my room didn't smell at all. You can hear other guests talking or watching tv and there is significant noise from the freeway, but the sound of the AC drowns out everything else. (It's pretty noisy, but I was glad that it worked)
Be aware that Motel 6 allows pets, for free, and that there are numerous stains on the carpet. I believe everyone who stays there brings a pets with them, or so it seems. I heard dogs running and barking every day that I was there (7 days). This didn't bother me because I brought my cat with me and I was grateful for Motel 6's pet policy.
I called several hotels that said they allowed pets only to find out that they didn't allow cats.
Some of the staff come across as rude but they are very accommodating, all you have to do is ask.
(The "very good" rating is adjusted for a lower star rated hotel, as it is not fair to compare it to the normal 3.5-4 star hotels I usually stay at.)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank tdt44
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Quality Inn Tigard
Quality Inn Tigard
#5 of 9 in Tigard
Comfort Inn and Suites Tualatin - Portland South
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
Holiday Inn Express Portland South - Lake Oswego
Hilton Garden Inn Portland/Lake Oswego
Crowne Plaza Portland Lake Oswego

Been to Motel 6 Portland - Tigard West? Share your experiences!