Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
GreenLeadersSilver level
Olympia, Wa
“A Bit Worn...”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I just spent one night here this week with my daughter and her baby. Interesting parking area...we thought her SUV would never make it into such narrow stalls. With a baby carrier we were not able to pull all the way in so we could get the babay out! Our check in took a bit of time,as there was only one person checking in and there was a man talking to him about security, which was a long discussion as the gentleman kept on asking question despite the fact that he saw there was a line forming, wish he could have asked someone to come out and help, but maybe there was no one else as it was 7PM. We stayed on the 8th floor. When we got out of the elevator the rug seem to need some vacuuing. Our room was dark, which is really not suprising as there usually is only one bedroom window. Our room needed a bit of refurbishing. The furniture seemed worn, some new paint needed on the walls, etc..just some updating. They do have the Pack & Play for infants which was really nice. Staff at the breakfast buffet seemed very nice. Smallpool area.This location is very close to lots of shopping and Dutch Brothers Coffee (my favorite!).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Wil L, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including areas for improvement.

We apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect. Parking can be a bit tight for larger vehicles and we apologize for the inconvenience. We will immediately look into the arrival process ensuring staffing is not an issue as well as the other items you mentioned. We understand how important a comfortable stay is while traveling, especially with a little one, and regret the problems you experienced during your stay. We will be sure to keep your comments in mind as we continue to improve our guest experience. We hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Detroit, MI
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Embassy Suites Washington Square was a stopover after a long flight from Portland. So, perhaps my review is not typical of other reviews because I only stayed one night. The carpeting was a bit worn and dated and it didn't (the carpeting) seem clean in the hallways or the bedroom. The room was nicely appointed and I did appreciate the Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries. You can ask for the shuttle to take you to the mall, which is in walking distance, but only if you want to climb a hill. The hotel is off of every major transportation line so you can get anywhere you want. The complimentary breakfast was nice and I enjoyed the specially made omelet. You'll feel safe and content in this hotel, but I don't know why you would want to stay there unless it was for business. One HUGE disappointment is when I used the free computers in the business lounge. The speed was slower than dial-up service. I gave up trying. And, you don't get many TV channels from its service provider, Direct TV. I was watching a show and the TV lost its signal, or something, and the TV went blank for about a minute. If you want to use the pool, call before you make reservations to see if it is open because it was closed when we stayed there.

Room Tip: This is a huge hotel where the rooms all face the interior courtyard. It has an open floorplan and I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BigDDetroit_MI
Tigard, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Positives: - Large living and bedroom area - Friendly, polite staff - Managers reception - Local next to large mall Negatives: - Rooms deprived of natural light so can be very dark - Air conditioning unit can be a bit loud (but not enough to keep you awake at night as with some hotels)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We love the Embassy Suites when we travel, we stayed 2 nights at this hotel and due to the way I booked the night one with points and an upgraded room and one regular stay, they had us down to have to move rooms in between. The staff was very helpful when I explained I really did not want to have to move rooms and would just take both nights in a regular room if need be. Not sure if the hotel is old but our room air was running non stop and seemed to still be humid the entire stay. The bathroom smelled like smoke which when I informed the front desk they immediately sent housekeeping to try to help. The air or fan running also was load. Although I was not that impressed with the hotel, their staff made up for it and I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
oregon
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I love to stay at this Embassy Suites for shopping at Washington Square Mall. It is also very conveniently located to other shopping and attractions. I don't think that there is anything I don't like about Embassy Suites but I do have to say that the last couple of locations that I have stayed at could really use some updating. The carpets appear worn as do the couches. During this last visit, we were provided an 'upgrade' to a jacuzzi suite because it was my daughter's 16th birthday and although she and her friends enjoyed the jacuzzi, it really wasn't appropriate because it was clearly a suite for honeymooners/romance. There is little if any privacy between the shower and the king room suite as it is separated by glass block. The couch bed (which I slept on) had very little in the way of mattress, so I could feel the springs/wires. The tv in the front room had no service but the tv in the bedroom did. When I inquired the next morning, I was told they were changing service providers so that meant no service for certain rooms for a short time. Would have been nice to have been informed of that. Just relieved that the girls had tv! Also, since I had no television for morning news, I thought I would just buy a newspaper. None available except for the Wall Street Journal. Hello? Even Hampton Inn provides free USA Today and I thought Embassy did also?

Boise
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My daughter's softball team just got back from staying at this hotel. The hotel is very nice and aesthetically pleasing. The interior is well decorated. The rooms are huge and clean. The pool is a little small for the size of the hotel, but it works. The gym is good sized and well equipped. The bar and restaurant are nice (kind of expensive, but good food and drinks).
The staff was very friendly and helpful. For example, this weekend there were several teams staying at the property. Several of us had games early enough that we would miss the breakfast. The staff accommidated us by opening the breakfast early. Also, there was a reception every night with snacks, soft-drinks, beer and wine. Very nice touch.

My only complaint was that our room had two double beds. The rooms were large enough to easily fit two queen.

Overall, I thought it was an excellent hotel and I would stay again.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Spent the night with family. Very nice rooms with an excellent breakfast to wake up to!

Room service was quick and the food was above average for sure.

One of the nicer gyms available in a hotel that we've ever visited.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown
Comfort Suites Southwest
#58 of 141 in Portland

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square? Share your experiences!