Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 31, 2011

My husband and I had wanted to eat at the Cheesecake Factory in Washington Square. I suggested we stay overnight at the Embassy Suites and it was the closet hotel to the mall and had a shuttle service as well.

The staff was very friendly. We checked into our room before heading down for the managers evening reception. While we knew we were going to dinner, we had some of their appetizers and drinks before heading down to the mall. The hot breakfast bar with custom made omlets was the best hot breakfast set up of any hotel I have ever stayed at. Breakfast is not my favorite meal of the day, but I really enjoyed all the choices that we had to choose from. I also loved the enclosed attrium that overlooks the reception area. It was nice that we didn't have to go outside to our room as it was raining very hard that day.

We have talked to some friend and we definately want to go and stay there again for a weekend away.

If you can, choose the prepay no refund option when you book a room (I know, you are taking a chance if you have to cancel you can't get it back), but this option saved us about $25. Since we were only staying one night, it was worth it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 29, 2011

We have stayed at this Embassy Suites several times. The staff is courteous. Didn't have time to eat at the manager's cocktail hour in the evening or breakfast in the morning, but otherwise clean and easy to get to the mall and downtown Portland. Like the separate bedroom.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elevators if you don't like heights or walking around the atrium in...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Have stayed here twice and it is what you would expect of Embassy Suites. Convenient to Beaverton and not too far from downtown. Parking spaces very tight out in front of hotel but there is ample parking in the back as well. Walking distance from decent shopping and restaurants. Heater only seemed to work in bedroom area. Good breakfast of course and friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank be32
ysukhun, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! The breakfast you mentioned is what really sets us apart from other hotels in the area. We are so happy that you were able to enjoy the shopping and restaurants in the area. Next time be sure to check out our complimentary shuttle that can take you to the mall and many restaurants in the area. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel and hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 16, 2011

I enjoy staying at Embassy Suites as the manager's reception with the free drinks and snacks are so much fun. The free breakfast is another plus and HBO! The comments about all the kids can be a problem there as the staff told me there had been a… lot before I arrived but my Sun-Tues stay was perfect and quiet. The mall there was a huge plus too, being that there wasn't any sales tax I shopped my heart out. I got their complementy shuttle to the light rail so for $2.40 I got to the airport in a little less than an hour. Thank you Embassy Suites for another great stay.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
ysukhun, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor! The extra amenities you mentioned are really what set us apart from other hotels in the area. We are so happy that you were able to take advantage of our great location and the many wonderful things there are to do around here. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 18, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel many times while visiting family. It provides a large two room suite to entertain. A breakfast included with room that includes a cooked to order eggs. The indoor pool/hot tub is great when the weather outside is cold and rainy. It has been a home away from home. Shopping at premier mall within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2011

The hotel was large.  Check-in was prompt.  The layout is an interesting shape (triangular atrium).  The charge of breakfast was included in the cost of the room.  This was not continental breakfast with the bare bones...it was a full service breakfast (eggs made to order, fresh fruit, bagels, toast, etc) with a lot of selection for all.  We had booked a bank of rooms for our party of 15+.  Oregon hotels do not have very competitive pricing compared to other states, but the breakfast is a good plus for this hotel.  There are shopping amenities close by and it is close to downtown.  It has a small business centre too.  A downside to our trip would be the rude night staff.  My nephew had an severe allergic reaction at 11 pm and the counter person was not helpful with directions or information to the nearest hospital.  Luckily we had a GPS system that was far more helpful.

Location and breakfast would prompt me to chose this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2011
ysukhun, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Dear Trave11er123,

thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with our hotel. I am so glad that you liked the cooked-to-order breakfast that we offer! I wanted to apologize for the poor service that you received from our evening Front Desk Agent. We do pride ourselves in our service, so it is disappoining to see that you were not treated as specially as you should have been. I assure you that we will be addressing this with our desk representatives to try and eliminate occurances like this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance soon, thank you again!

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I like the hotel but it's getting a bit stale. You notice things like the one elevator that makes noise. I stayed on the top floor and noticed the ceiling needs a paint job. The decor has a '90s feel - just on the fringe of being dated but not quite.
Otherwise the staff were attentive and the breakfast was good. The televisions worked, the bathroom fixtures worked, the door locked - you know the things that you expect to be operational in a hotel room. I didn't use the pool nor eat in the restaurant.
The parking lot is a bit cramped if the hotel is near capacity. I would return to the hotel, nothing would prevent me from that. But I will keep my options open.

Room Tip: I was given a room on the top floor in the 'North Wing' - it was very quiet. Nice sunrise ea...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Dear Edison234,

thank you for taking the time to review our hotel through TripAdvisor. I wanted to inform you that we do have plans for the near future to upgrade several things within the hotel, such as getting a new roof, televisions, bedding/room decor. Our Engineering staff takes a very proactive approach to making sure that our building is in the best condition possible.

I'm so very glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and were treated well by our staff. We pride ourselves in our service and making sure that every one of our guests has a great experience. I appreciate your comments and hope to see you again in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Downtown
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland - Downtown
Comfort Suites Southwest
#56 of 144 in Portland

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square? Share your experiences!