“Clean. Quiet, friendly,”

Quality Inn Tigard - Portland Southwest
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Wife and I made this a stopping off place for an am appointment at OHSU. The gentleman that took our reservation was polite, friendly and very helpful. Upon arrival we were greeted by a nice lady helped us register and told us of eating places in walking distance. (We choose Banning's and had home-made soup and split a piece of Snickers pie. Don't get much better'n that.) In the morning were had a very nice Continental breakfast and were on our way. A great value and did not smell like bleach over smoke,(in fact a smoke free place) just clean. We will visit there again and will tell friends about it. Quick and easy access to I-5. Oh yes, any closer to Portland the room tax would be 13%+ instead of 10%.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank unclefaffy

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Hubby and I decided to use our expiring reward points for a night away. We chose this Quality Inn based on the previous reviews we read. We were not disappointed!!

Upon arriving, we were greeted by a very nice and friendly young man. He checked us in promptly and gave us directions on where to go for dinner. He also gave me a very much appreciated late check out!! (1:30 PM!)

Hubby and I had a room on the 2nd floor. Our room was very clean, smelled nice, and was nice and roomy. The room itself consisted of a comfortable king bed, 1 nice cushy recliner type of chair, 1 end table, TV, coffee pot with coffee packets, fridge, a nice bathroom with a separate tub/shower toilet area, and a table with 2 chairs. There was not much of a view from the 2nd floor, but it was nice because there were trees that shielded the window and gave us privacy.

Everything else around this hotel was sparkling clean & well taken care of. The hallways, lobby, grounds, everything! The only thing we had a problem with was the tub. It did not drain well so our showers turned into a wading fest. We let the desk guy know and he said they were going to get it fixed ASAP.
Also, the shower head is VERY low. I am 5'5 and my head almost hit it so if you're any taller, you're going to have to duck to shower.

FREEBIES: FAST WiFi, Breakfast, Parking & Coffee!!

CHECK IN: 3 PM. CHECKOUT: 12 Noon. If you would like a late check-out, request it on the main booking page on the Quality Inn website.

Book your rooms on their official website to get the best discount.

TIP: If you are coming in from I-5 south and follow the directions GPS gives you, you will NOT see the Quality Inn turn here sign until it is too late. It sits on a blind curve and sits low, right next to Changs Mongolian Grill. What you do is you turn into the Changs Mongolian Grill parking lot and it goes around the back to the Quality Inn. if you pass the turn and wind up at the signal for Pacific Hwy, make a right and go right past the American Tire store and there is a driveway...you make another right and follow that driveway down into the hotel parking lot. The hotel itself is located directly BEHIND American Tire, and not on the busy street. (This was great for no road noise!)

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk guy for what you prefer. (High floor, low floor, close to elevator, view, et...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I am a patient at OHSU and find this hotel to be convenient and well priced for patients on a budget. The staff are friendly, helpful and offer excellent customer service. They know where everything is located and will print maps, directions, etc. so you never get lost. They have a free breakfast, accommodations to wash your clothes and a clean, quiet atmosphere. Parking is free, they are located next to good restaurants and I always feel safe at their location. I can't say enough positive comments for a hotel with such reasonable rates and good location. The rooms are of average size, the mattresses are firm, offering a good nights sleep. The rooms are well kept.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a refrigerator if you have medications that need to be kept cool.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2011

My wife and I, along with another couple traveled to Portland in November to attend a weekend dance event. We had stayed in this accommodation several years ago when it was a Holiday Inn Express, and had found it to be a nice facility and conveniently located to the activities we were attending.

In my reservations, I had requested a quiet room on the top floor. When I told the desk clerk that our friends were also coming, we were assigned adjoining rooms on the top floor facing the rear parking lot. The accommodations were excellent. The room was quite large, and even equipped with a refrigerator. The bathroom was quite luxurious and very clean, as was the rest of the room. The view out of the windows was incredible with all the trees in their brilliant fall colors. The king-sized bed was extremely comfortable. Four big fluffy pillows were provided, along with nice soap, shampoo, etc.

The hotel offers a senior discount, making the cost of the room an amazing value. Free internet service was included with the cost of the room, and a free breakfast was also provided. The breakfast room is very bright and clean, and a very nice selection of food was provided including: biscuits & gravy, batter for make your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, both cold and hot cereal, a selection of bread, muffins, bagels, and English muffins, and fresh fruit. Also available was coffee, tea, juice, yogurt, and milk. There were even free copies of the weekend edition of the Wall Street Journal. There is a very friendly and helpful hostess assigned to the breakfast room to keep the room clean and to point out food choices provided to the guests.

I expect to return to Portland next year and we will definitely be staying again at the Quality Inn Tigard.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Boise_Traveler007
Reviewed November 15, 2011

My daughter and granddaughter of 13 months needed to find a room when baby got tired of traveling....the room was quiet, handy and clean. They had racks that you could bring your luggage into the room on which we needed becuz we had highchairs, playpens and all of kinds of unusual baby things...haha....can't say much for the parking we had though. Most places you can park along the building right by the sidewalk in front of your room. We had to go across the parking lot, load up and push the cart on a slanted driveway. Thank goodness it wasn't raining, all of our things would have been drenched.
I was very impressed with the continental breakfast. They had everything you could think of. There was a guy there keeping every thing cleaned and in order. He was very friendly as was the front staff. They even let me put my water bottles in their freezer for the night becuz the little freezer in the room was too small. Overall, we were very impressed....except for the parking. Would stay there againa nd would refer it to to others..............I have had good luck with other Quality Inns also. (I never checked out the pool or weight room)

Room Tip: Check out parking situation so you aren't walking a mile in the rain to your room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
QualityInnPDXTigard, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Tigard - Portland Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate our guest's comments immensely. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

Average motel type. Staff though were very helpful.
We arrived late in evening but had a problem finding a restaurant that was open after 9pm, so then we had to settle for fast food. Not a very nice location, especially at nite. Run down location.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't find a restaurant, there are 3 adjacent to our property, the very fun brew pub "Blitz 99W" and "Bannings", a 24-hour family restaurant. Please try again!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

I always start my reviews by saying I travel almost weekly and stay in the same types of hotels in the same price ranges all the time. So I'm comparing apples to apples. This QI was fair. There wasn't really anything wrong with it, no complaints, but nothing great either. My biggest issue was my internet connection which was very weak but they told me that was unusual so I don't know where the problem was. It wasn't from my end because I didn't have issues anywhere else. The other negatives were their towels. I am petite and the towels barely made it around my body and they were very thin. Also, I'm not sure who they paid to design their showers, but at 5'2", I just barely made it under the shower head. That thing was so low, I don't understand how they expect anyone to fit under there! Aside from that, pillows were very comfy so that was a plus. Everything else was acceptable and FAIR. Oh, one other nice thing about this place is that is is close by to several restaurants within walking distance. I don't usually have my own car so if that's the case, there are several options for food.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank chelly12364

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your comments matter to us. We have completely overhauled our Wi-Fi system and added multiple nodes on each floor. With the building being built of concrete and steel construction, it was necessary to go the extra mile for our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Extended Stay America - Portland - Tigard
Comfort Suites Southwest
Comfort Suites Southwest
#56 of 144 in Portland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland - Tigard
Courtyard Portland Tigard
Shilo Inn Hotel & Suites - Beaverton

Been to Quality Inn Tigard - Portland Southwest? Share your experiences!