“clean room, good service”

Quality Inn Tigard - Portland Southwest
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Tigard
Kula, Hawaii
“clean room, good service”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

clean room of a pretty good size. ok location & the price was right. I really appreciated that it was a non-smoking hotel....that was the best.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Central Valley, CA
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We chose this property because of it's convenient location to friends we visited, freeway access and rate - $72.00, 2 Qn beds. Looks like the hotel is going thru an update in paint, carpet and beds. Our room was spacious and clean with comfortable mattresses. Arriving at 10 p.m., we spent less than 12 hours there. A continental breakfast was offered and was the biggest disappointment. Weak coffee in styrofoam cups and the "bread" offerings looked like they were from the day old bread store. The QUALITY of the continental breakfast definitely needs to be improved.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Kitcat22
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I really recommend this place. Set in the trees, peaceful yet just off the highway.
Very helpful staff.
Only complaint: Signing on for wifi is more difficult than it needs to be. I believe in security and all, but a unique 8-digit user name, followed by a unique 8-digit password is definitely over-kill.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Newport, Oregon
Reviewed July 2, 2011

I booked a room here based on past TripAdvisor reviews, and I wish I had picked someplace else. The exterior and interior are pretty run down, altho the man at the front desk was a great customer service person... too bad the place isn't as nice as the people. Our room had an old A/C unit and it took a long time to get the place cooled down so it was tolerable temperature wise. In hindsight I should have complained, but didn't, because I thought it would cool down quicker. But the worst part was when we went to bed, and then I discovered the bottom sheet was all pilly, it was worn and too rough and damaged to sleep on. Again, I could have complained, but it was past midnite and I didn't really want any hotel staff in the room at that hour, assuming they would have tried to fix the problem. Fortunately, my wife always packs a clean extra sheet for just these type of situations, so she saved the day... er, night. Overall, I would not recommend this place, especially since there are so many (better) hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Tigard hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 1, 2011

This quiet,older motel is just the thing for a crazy world! Husband and I loved this place -- great beds and included a free very nice breakfast with a hospitable breakfast attendant who made everything available for us. We will stay here anytime we are in the Portland area!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed December 10, 2010

I traveled for the Thanksgiving holiday with my family and children. We stopped at the Quality Inn on our way to Seattle. This was directly off I-5 and very convenient. Quiet, clean place with a comfortable bed. Great price, breakfast buffet included. Movie theatre and restaurants nearby. Friendly staff! We would stay again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank kelliandrade
Vallejo, California
Reviewed September 22, 2010

I stayed at this hotel in September and I absolutely loved it! The customer service was excellent, the beds are new and very comfortable, rooms were quiet & recently renovated, and the complimentary breakfast was great as well.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigard
Comfort Suites Southwest
Hospitality Inn
Hospitality Inn
#88 of 141 in Portland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Washington Square

Been to Quality Inn Tigard - Portland Southwest? Share your experiences!