“What Happened?”

Goldendale, Wa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What Happened?”
Reviewed September 30, 2009

We visited Cousins' after more than a year away and were surprised to find that the prices had skyrocketed, service was shoddy and the food was bland. I understand that prices are rising but It's a real insult to be expected to pay top-dollar for lazy, bad service and ordinary food.

1 Thank MrsFrenchy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tigard, Oregon
“Best turkey I've ever had in a restaurant”
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Cousins is a very informal, family oriented "down home" restaurant near Interstate 84. Their food is always good - their turkey dinners and sandwiches are simply heavenly. This is a very popular restaurant and is very busy during normal mealtime so waiting is sometimes necessary.

Anaconda, Montana
“Good ol Country flavor”
Reviewed November 24, 2008

We eat at Cousin's every time we come through the Dalles, and have never been disappointed. Great food, with a little backwoods flavor, that we can appreciate, being from Montana.

This last time through, the flavor of the food was genuine country. Yeah, the actual location is far from it, but inside, it's great. I'll recommend it for anyone.

The Dalles, Oregon
“Inconsistent food quality and service.”
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Several visits have shown inconsistencies in both the food quality and the service at this establishment. They do fine on the ribs but the chicken not so much, their pie has decent filling but the crust is not great and most of the time extremely thin. One day the breakfast is very good the next they can't get the order correct and there is no flavor. For the price I would go further down the road to Denny's and pay less for better taste. The service in the saloon is great but in the restaurant not so great. The cashiers and hostess are usually so busy talking to one another that they ignore the customers. I held off reviewing until I had been there 6 times in one month. From locals I hear that it used to be great but has really gone down in quality in the past year. The decor is cute but busy and I think they rely on travelers who will not be returning to keep up business. Hope you hit them on a "good" day when the food is better and the wait staff not discriminating.

Oregon
“Great homestyle food”
Reviewed April 22, 2008

We stayed at the adjoining hotel for a night and enjoyed walking to this restaurant and having a great homecooked meal. We ate dinner in the bar next to the fireplace and the house beans and pot roast were great. For breakfast we had the biggest biscuit I have ever had , drizzled with honey it was to die for. The omelet was huge and as I was eating it I heard the waitress telling other customers that you could order a half omelet. Unless you are really hungry that would be my suggestion. Fast, friendly, comfortable country atmosphere and affordable. They greet you with "Hello Cousin"! Cute! The hotel was clean and comfortable and at 71.00 a night it was a great find too with fresh baked cookies at the front desk!