“Great Food. Wonderful service! Lost wallet, found, kept safe and returned!”

Cousins' Restaurant & Saloon
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in The Dalles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Was traveling to Portland and back for medical treatments. Had stopped in the Dalles several times on the way and enjoyed the atmosphere, food and service. Happen to be gluten sensitive and Counsin's menu is well marked.

Was very, very tired on this return trip. Did not take purse into the restaurant but just grabbed wallet and went into meet my party. Grabbed the take home and managed to leave my wallet which was found. Was 200 miles away when I realized I had left the wallet. My brother in law knew of a Cousins in Washington state, he called and got the number for The Dalles Restaurant. I called the telephone number and explained that I believed I had left my wallet. The wallet had been located and placed in the safe. With the right information which the folks were careful to ask, I was able to return and retrieve my wallet that same day before they closed.

Was very fortunate to have such service and will plan to return to their restaurant often. When asked if I could pay a reward, I was told "NO," we would do this for any of our customers."

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Friends recommended this place, so on a recent road trip, we pulled in for lunch! Extra friendly staff, strawberry lemonade was scrumptious! We both had salads, they were huge. I was watching the meals go by. These could easily be split if you weren't super hungry! Easy to find off the interstate and you can take the loop and get right back on!

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We had sandwiches for dinner. Hubby had French dip and mine was turkey BLT. He said his was good, lots of yummy fries. My turkey blt was great with turkey stacked high and a side salad for $10. People were friendly and service was relatively quick. Would recommend for family eats. Big trains above for kids!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Every time I visit Cousins, I am welcomed warmly by the hostesses. I've always had great service; and I enjoy their large portions of food! I have eaten at cousins on many occasions, whether it be a date, a family gathering, or a night out with some girls. It seems like their team members strive hard to make their guests happy and full. Their sincere smiles, wonderful atmosphere, and great food keeps me coming back for more.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

After waiting 5 minutes to be seated by a hostess on a Sunday morning around 8:30, we were not even offered coffee till the waitress finally showed in another 5 or so minutes. I ordered ham and eggs and my wife ordered bacon and eggs. We both asked for crispy hash browns and neither order was anywhere near crispy. Both the bacon and eggs were good, but the size of ham delivered with the ham and eggs was smaller then a small piece of pizza. If you can imagine a small round ham, the piece delivered with the breakfast would have been a 1 quarter of whole piece. Not what I would expect from this restaurant. Should also probably mention there appeared to be a homeless man sleeping on the bench between the restaurant and the bar.

1  Thank TAC772