“From Georgia with Love”
Review of Casa El Mirador

Casa El Mirador
Ranked #15 of 70 Restaurants in The Dalles
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Family Owned Mexican Restaurant, Large selection of Mexican Favorites & Sea Food. Full Bar & Lottery Room Banquet Room Catering Weddings and Special Events Take Out Large Groups Large Parking Lot Patio Dining
Reviewed December 17, 2010

I was visiting my mother a few months ago and we were in The Dalles doing some last minute weekend shopping. We were driving around trying to figure out where to eat and saw this place.

To start, the service was on time and above par for what you would consider in a typical venue. The server knew her menu and recommended three of the most delicious meals we could have expected.

The price was fair and the ambiance of the place was comfortable and quiet. I am back in Georgia now but if I was back on the West coast in that area I would definitely eat there again.

There are newer reviews for Casa El Mirador

Reviewed July 4, 2010

We've eaten lunch here twice in the past two years, and both times have been a good experience.

The first time we enjoyed the buffet, served Monday - Friday. It's not huge, but there is a good selection of dishes and the price includes a soft drink. All were good, although if you like super-hot, make-you-sweat Mexican food, you won't find it at the buffet. Instead, they offer fresh tasty food without the burning zing.

The next time we ate here it was a Saturday and my they were busy! We shared a salad and Chicken Tortilla soup, then my husband had Chicken en Mole which he said was quite good. I ordered an Enchilada a la Crema. *Mmmm*, my enchilada was among the best I've had - the cream sauce was just delicious with just a touch of spice to it so I could still taste the cream cheese.

All the staff are friendly and welcoming and it's a nice comfortable atmosphere.

1  Thank half-Brit
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Went here based TripAdvisor.com reviews. Just yesterday I explained to my family that I would not eat Mexican food outside of Texas, (New Mexico, Arizona or California) without great fear. Imagine their concern for my mental health when I took them to a Mexican restaurant in The Dalles. First test, the salsa was good. Just spicy enough for my taste. Secondly, my entree Tacos al Carbon was excellent. Prepared with corn tortillas and great pico de gallo. My dad loved his chile relleno, but both agreed his ground beef enchilada was a bit over spiced. Overall, a great experience.

Reviewed April 16, 2010

We always eat in the bar, (*because of the non-parenting skills of other guests), and want to enjoy our food.....In the bar---1/2 price AppetiZers 4pm-7pm.....ssssshhhhhhhhh don't tell everybody! They really need a bigger Bar area! The re-fried beans are the best!! I love love love their martini-"Sweet Touch".....it goes GREAT w/Mexi foods! Service is Fantastic! We try Mexi food when we travel, and there's no place like this place!! This is our fav place to eat!
not one, but 2 Thumbs UP!!

Reviewed November 27, 2009

Our favorite mexican restaurant in the Gorge is Casa El Mirador in The Dalles, Oregon. Excellent service and really great food. I love to order their Spanish Coffee.... they dip the cup rim in sugar and put 151 Barcardi in cup and put a flame to carlmelize the sugar. Then add barcardi, coffee, whipped cream and cherry,,, is so nummy and not real sweet like some coffee drinks. We like to eat in the bar as is so romantic and the waiters and waitresses are soooo sweet! You will love it!