“So clean you can eat off the floors.”
Review of Casa El Mirador

Casa El Mirador
Ranked #10 of 69 Restaurants in The Dalles
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family Owned Mexican Restaurant, Large selection of Mexican Favorites & Sea Food. Full Bar & Lottery Room Banquet Room Catering Weddings and Special Events Take Out Large Groups Large Parking Lot Patio Dining
Columbia River Gorge
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So clean you can eat off the floors.”
Reviewed November 27, 2009

Our favorite mexican restaurant in the Gorge is Casa El Mirador in The Dalles, Oregon. Excellent service and really great food. I love to order their Spanish Coffee.... they dip the cup rim in sugar and put 151 Barcardi in cup and put a flame to carlmelize the sugar. Then add barcardi, coffee, whipped cream and cherry,,, is so nummy and not real sweet like some coffee drinks. We like to eat in the bar as is so romantic and the waiters and waitresses are soooo sweet! You will love it!

Portland, OR
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice surprise in The Dalles”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

On a Sunday night, several restaurants were closed, and we chose Casa El Mirador somewhat on a whim out of a travel guide. It was busy, but service was fairly quick. The restaurant was cheery and the menu had lots of options with a decent price range. Overall the food was good, and I would go back if I'm in The Dalles again. Nothing fancy or amazing. Mexican food can vary a lot and whether it's good can be in the eye (or taste-buds) of the beholder. But Sunday night on Labor Day Weekend, Casa El Mirador was a good option.

One thing that bothered us was dirty menus. This seems to be a trend in restaurants. People need to clean their menus!

SE Idaho
“Don't Waste Your Time or Money”
Reviewed September 15, 2009

My wife, mother and myself were on the home leg of a road trip and just happened to be in The Dalles at lunch time. It has become sort of a tradition that when we are on road trips to sample the differences in Mexican food from state to state. Our experiences have ranged from outstanding, mediocre and even a couple of once was enough. So not wanting to break tradition, we decided on Mexican and our GPS found Casa El Mirador and we punched it in.

We should have known better since it was lunch time and there were very few cars in a rather large parking lot. The exterior of the building was nice so we decided to risk it. I now have a new bottom of the Mexican Food on the road list. The food was horrible, atrocious, disgusting and did I fail to mention down right bad. I have never eaten Mexican food that was so bland and ill prepared. Even their salsa that came with the chips was horribly bland with no spice. How hard is it to screw up salsa?

My Wife and Mother ordered of the menu and I decided to try the buffet. There was absolutely no difference in food quality...both were horrible...I never knew that chicken fajitas had pineapple chunks as a primary ingredient. The fajitas could have had sweet and sour sauce poured over them and they would have been perfect in a Chinese Restaurant although the chicken pieces were not deep fried. Oh...I will allow that they did have good iced tea....

Even if the food had been acceptable, the prices for a lunch menu were on the high side and there was really no value for the money. The service was also not outstanding.

I do believe that I figured out their niche though, After we arrived a table of 7 arrived and sat next to us and one of them proceeded to ask for the "mild"salsa......how could it get any milder?????? So if you have no taste buds and love your food bland, this is the place for you.

Avoid the Casa El Mirador. Save your money and find a Taco Bell. You will be happier...

Oregon
“Good Food, Awesome Service”
Reviewed April 28, 2009

This is by far the best Mexican restaurant in the Gorge. The staff is always very friendly and the food is fabulous. It is definitely Americanized a bit, but still is delicious. The Pollo ala Crema is my favorite! Chicken in rich cream cheese sauce! Yum!

“Great Food”
Reviewed April 26, 2008

When we go visit our son and his family in Portland, we live in the Washington Tri-Cities, we always stop for either dinner or lunch at the Casa El Mirador. We think the food is excellent, fair priced and have never experienced bad service, although everyone can have a bad day and I have never been to a restsurant that was perfect everytime. Having said that we recommend Casa El Mirador, my favorites chili verde and ceviche.