“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baldwin Saloon

Baldwin Saloon
Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in The Dalles
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Camas, WA
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

We weren't expecting a lot in this small town, but the menu is extensive. Nice wines by the glass, too. Wonderful chicken Parmesan and Salmon Rockefeller. And just plain fun atmosphere. Wish we lived closer - we'd be back sooner!

St. Louis, MO
“A Great Hamburger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

I was on a river cruise, and just wanted a simple hamburger for lunch. I had been getting great food on the cruise, but wanted simpler fare that afternoon. Some people on board suggested this place, and I am glad I went. The people were very friendly and waited on me quickly. I ordered a cheeseburger, creamy cole slaw and a soda. I got my food in good time. I did not have to wait very long at all. The cheeseburger was exactly the way I wanted it. It was juicy, and done to my sense of perfection. The restaurant was busy and still my food came out in quick fashion. This meal was exactly what I wanted and really went beyond my expectations. Great job by the folks who work there. The tab, I thought was very reasonable.

Oregon
“Good food, expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food is good but the booth seating and noise level do not match the price. The service is good, for the price I would expect a finer dining experience.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank seahag59
Chicago
“Excellent, had to come back for more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Arrived 30 minutes before restaurant closing concerned cook and wait staff will be tired, so we just accepted that the food and service (we ordered light meals that would be easy to prepare so the staff can go home almost on time) would be mediocre. What a surprise!!! Food came promptly, waiter was attentive and the food was very tasty. The next day wanted to try another restaurant, unfortunately the restaurant was located in the part of town where the creosote plan is. Not wanted to smell the creosote odors, we returned to Baldwin Saloon. Busy time of the evening, so we waited at the bar. The pleasant"bar tender" was a drinks server, not a true bar tender as she did not know the types of beers or their flavors, but generous with giving tastes. Seated at, and lucky for us, with the same attentive server from previous visit. Menu and selection is excellent and truly enjoyed it. Thank you!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver
“Fantastic atmosphere, great staff - good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

Loved this place, it's history, its interior design, the staff, the gal upstairs playing piano. She was a gem! The food was good, didn't really try anything out of the ordinary and prices range from average - $10 for a burger to $30 for a nice entrée. It's varied...

This is just my own preference but I was not a fan of the booths - it diminished the quality of the dining room in my experience. I think tables would have been more suiting to the restaurant. The booths were not that comfortable and rather cheapened the place.

All in all, I really enjoyed my experience at the Baldwin Saloon.

• 3 of 5 bubbles