“The venu is definitely historic, but the creative menu, food quality and excellent service and right up to date!”
Review of Baldwin Saloon

Baldwin Saloon
Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in The Dalles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Chestertown, Maryland
Reviewed January 13, 2012

In the midst of our Northwest US motorhome odyssey, my sister and brother-in-law, who reside in the community, introduced us to the Saloon for a Saturday lunch. Historic districts in relatively small towns can make terrific venues for creative restaurateurs, Baldwin was definitely a successful example of that concept but they turned down my offer for the painting over the bar, which would have been a marvelous addition to my man-cave back home. The restaurant prides itself on everything being made from scratch and that devotion was very evident the meals we were served. From start to finish, this was a fun place to go.

• Visited November 2011

Fossil
“romantic”
Reviewed January 13, 2012

A place a person can go in the area to take a turn off the normal. Crab Cakes and other items offered on a changing menu. Great service. Dark (almost no windows) narrow. Expensive.

Bellingham, Washington
“Excellent as always”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My partner and I went to Baldwin's for lunch today. I had a delicious prime rib sandwich and she had a shrimp and salmon salad. Everything was delectable! The service was fast and courteous.

• Visited December 2011
Tacoma, Washington
“This place was a bit pricy for what you got”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This place was recommended by our hotel and they gave us a 10% discount card. It was a Friday evening about 6pm and while we expected it to be busy it was a little noisy for us. So the atmosphere wasn’t as good as I had hoped. The food was good although the portions were a bit skimpy for the price and I thought the drinks were a bit pricy as well. I have had better meals and atmosphere for half of what we spent there. I think the service was a little slow but not too bad. It seemed to get better near the end of our meal.
The building was a bar in the late 1800’s and it was a nice and clean restaurant I just felt it was a bit pricy for what you got.

• Visited September 2011
Portland, Oregon
“Quite possibly, the best burger in the Pacific Northwest!”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is an unexpected find in The Dalles, Or.
Great hamburgers and great atmosphere.