“romantic”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2012

A place a person can go in the area to take a turn off the normal. Crab Cakes and other items offered on a changing menu. Great service. Dark (almost no windows) narrow. Expensive.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

My partner and I went to Baldwin's for lunch today. I had a delicious prime rib sandwich and she had a shrimp and salmon salad. Everything was delectable! The service was fast and courteous.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

This place was recommended by our hotel and they gave us a 10% discount card. It was a Friday evening about 6pm and while we expected it to be busy it was a little noisy for us. So the atmosphere wasn’t as good as I had hoped. The food was good although the portions were a bit skimpy for the price and I thought the drinks were a bit pricy as well. I have had better meals and atmosphere for half of what we spent there. I think the service was a little slow but not too bad. It seemed to get better near the end of our meal.
The building was a bar in the late 1800’s and it was a nice and clean restaurant I just felt it was a bit pricy for what you got.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is an unexpected find in The Dalles, Or.
Great hamburgers and great atmosphere.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

Had a very nice meal at the Baldwin while on business. Arrived at the restaurant one minute prior to closing, after a very long day travelling and at work. The waiter welcomed us in and seemed very happy to have us even though he was probably about to go home. We ordered calamari as an appetizer and it was good. I had the halibut for the main dish and it was well prepared and very good. I had the peanut butter pie for desert, which was very satisfying. The decor is fine, despite the other reviews....art sometimes is misunderstood I guess.