“this is for the portside bar part of rest.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Windseeker Restaurant - CLOSED

Windseeker Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We have been updated and our interior completed redone by restaurant Impossible. A new exciting look with amazing steaks and seafood. Hidden in the Dalles Industrial center right on the banks of the mighty columbia river. This is a hidden gem that you dont want to miss.
Rathdrum, Idaho
“this is for the portside bar part of rest.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have eaten in the rest side, its nice...but after eating lunch in the bar side and having this titanic burger...OMG its the best burger and then fridays they have new york steak for 9.99 , they also have video poker machines and kareoke on friday or sat. i'll be back for both meals..

Visited August 2012
2 Thank david83858

Swedesboro, New Jersey
“Great dinner!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I saw this restaurant on an episode of Restaurant Impossible. Since we knew we would be in town, we wanted to try it. We took three other people with us. The experience was wonderful. We were immediately greeted by the hostess with a warm welcome and smile. She escorted us to our table with a wonderful view of the river. The manager stopped by to greet us, while we were reviewing the menu. Our server took our order and made recommendations for entrees and desserts.

All of us agreed that the meal was delicious. We topped of the dinner with a variety of desserts, each one delicious. We plan to visit again when we are in the area.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Rich03102001
Ridgefield, Washington
“Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We came to The Dalles for the weekend to scout the area and see what it has to offer as we are new to the Pacific Northwest. We wanted to have a waterfront dining experience since we are from beautiful Charleston, SC originally. I can say that the experience paled in comparison in regards to the view. The water was nice, but the table setup is weak and does not at all provide for the idea that every table in the house should feel like the best table in the house, particularly when there is that opportunity with windows all around the dining room. We were first seated at a table that was half on a wall and half on a window. This made for an odd half awake type experience. We asked to be moved when another table finished and they were happy to accommodate. Unfortunately, however, since the table outside the window had eaten and gone, the view for us was a seagull enjoying what they had left behind. Nobody ever bussed the table throughout the whole experience. I would say we were seated for about 5 minutes before anyone ever approached to fill our waters and then she did not ask for a drink order nor did she speak at all. Eventually, as a waitress was walking by and I made eye contact with her, she asked if we were ready to order. I told her we would like drinks...so she obliged. When she came back with our daughters' drinks and not our individual glasses of wine, I asked to see a wine list (we had decided we may prefer a bottle because the value would be better). Guess what! No printed wine list, though she did have her own card that she personally uses...so she let us look at that. We ordered a bottle from who I can assume was the manager as she was zipping by. A bit later, we ordered apps. We noted that it was odd that all we could hear were other conversations...no music softly playing in the background. I asked some young lady about it and she said, "Yeah, our CD player is broken. Every now and then, we can play a song." Sometime into our apps, we were able to order our entrees. I would say it was about 20 minutes or so after our apps were done that we finally got our salads and bread...we were nearly done with the wine, so it could have been longer. Hilariously, I was half done with my salad when our food arrived. You can imagine the table full of plates (along with the seagull munching in our peripheral vision). The best surprise was that the food was very good. Very Good. Though, LOL, the order for our daughters was wrong, but it was a more expensive meal that was brought out and the manager lady said they would just charge us for the lesser, so we were okay with that. We shared a dessert that the whole family enjoyed. So, when we go tour check, yeah, the more expensive one was on there. They fixed it, but didn't charge for the bottle of wine. Normally, I would have told them, but at this point, I thought they HAD to have meant to leave that off. I felt a little sorry for the waitress (once I figured out who was waiting on us). I think she probably worked as a waitress in a short order type restaurant, which is not a dig but it is not the type of service one expects at a waterfront restaurant with white table cloths and fancy glasses. It seems the management has horribly failed the restaurant's potential and has done a disservice to this delightful little waitress. She had a shining personality, but I truly don't think they have team meetings or training that would teach her about the steps to guest service. I could be wrong...maybe she knows and just didn't have enough help on the floor. Odd, since it was a Saturday night. I imagine that had it not been for the nice little bottle of wine that kept my nerves down to a light jitter, we would have enjoyed the experience a lot less. At least the food was good. The gardens that we strolled after our long and oddly timed meal, were in beautiful bloom and very fragrant. I actually liked the old worn out boats that are part of the garden décor. I suppose that is reminiscent of the Charlestonian in me. However, I did find them to be a bit disconnected from the white tablecloth more formal room that the dining room is disguised as. Oh, one more thing, ever seen Alias, 24 or any of those secret agent shows? You feel a little like you are in one when you are driving back to The Windseeker. The drive in is a bit creepy behind industrial buildings and down a strange road (that is all I can call it). You definitely have to be seeking the Windseeker to go there. I don't think you could happen upon it by chance. Maybe it fell from the tornado off The Wizard of Oz and just happened to land here? All in all...all things considered, it was a big "Meh" that sadly had the potential to be a wow. I am giving this an average rating because where the service and organization lacked, the food was good. Sadly, this day and age, who knows if even the food will be good. There is hope, but management needs to step up. The seagull loved the service.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank CarolinaGirll
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I loved it! The waitress Nina was great and funny! The new look is very impressive. I had the pork chops WOW! My wife had fettuccine it was fresh and generously portioned! I WILL be back and WILL recommend! Thank you for the great food, wonderful service, and an overall awesome experience!

• Visited April 2013
Washington, United States
“Obviously got nothing from being on Restaurant Impossible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife just had to eat here after seeing them on Restaurant Impossible. Sorry, but neither of us was impressed. The only good thing about the visit was seeing the work that the people did on the interior of the restaurant which would have been nice if it would have been clean. We were actually seated ant a table with food on the floor below it. No way to run what should be one of the nicer restaurant's in The Dalles.

• Visited March 2013