“Good beer Bad food”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
“Good beer Bad food”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The.service was poor, we waited ten minutes for menus, our table never was wiped off. I wanted a lite meal, the waitress recommended I order the Hummus with flat bread & veggies, my husband ordered Thai flat bread.
The hummus and bread were delicious, however, I sent the veggies back because the carrots were wilty and the celery was white and mushy. I was given more of the same (the celery was so rotten that my fingers sunk into gel). When I kindly tired to explain why I couldn't eat my meal, the waitress cut me off, she didn't want to hear what I had to say. You'd think the feedback would be welcome/helpful?
My husband's Thai flatbread was a spinach tortilla with stuff piled on top. The center was soggy, the 1" boarder/crust was dry with nothing on it. It had to be eaten with a fork, it was not particularly appetizing, was texturally odd, yet the favors were good.
In the end, I was not charged for my meal (rightfully so!). We would not eat here again, but would go back for the live music and to have a beer (which was reasonably priced and they had a good selection).

Rhododendron, Oregon
“EXCEPTIONAL!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I'm "local" to The Dalles! I purposely make The Rivertap one of my "stops" every few days. I travel "solo" but always run into current friends or make new ones from out of the area. 9 or 10 Micro's on tap, as well as a good selection of liquor, esp Single Malts which are hard to find elsewhere in town. Service is friendly & quick. Outdoor seating is plentiful. Kids are welcome. 3 or 4 Big Screen TV's, but their background music is even better! Very, Very fun spot! Stop by! By Paul

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Not an outstanding place”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I expected more from some of the reviews below, but we found the place to be poorly furnished with little atmosphere. I did not expect restaurant standard food, but even as pub food it really wasn't very good. They did have several beers, but no list other than on the wall in another room. Service was OK.

Lincolnshire, Uk
“Good beer, Average food”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This restaurant/microbrewery was within walking distance of our hotel. The boys enjoyed the beer. The food was OK but would have liked more choice

Visited May 2013
Livingston, Texas, United States
“The Dalles must see”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

If your in The Dalles you may as well spend some time at the RiverTap Pub but do so resposibly. There is no excuse when you know there out there (the PoPo) and the Cabs are cheap.

Visited May 2013