Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Celilo Inn(The Dalles)
View Hotel
The Dalles Inn(The Dalles)
View Hotel
Budget Inn Motel(The Dalles)
View Hotel
Motel 6 The Dalles(The Dalles)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleancolumbia gorgeroad tripgreat customer serviceconvenient locationwent out of her waypool and hot tubgas stationroad noisethe riverfriendly serviceking beddefinitely stay here againbiscuits and gravycookiesfirst floor
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Cannot understand why the price was so high here. The rooms were so jammed with big pieces of furniture we could barely turn around. Wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: Ask for one where they've taken most the furniture out
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Fergmom
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The hotel rooms were clean, and everything worked. No complaints. This is a 2 star hotel and as such, don't expect 3 and 4 star amenities. It was clean and convenient, reasonably quiet, and inexpensive. Staff was friendly and helpful. What more can you demand or expect? For families traveling who just need a clean place to spend a night or two, this is great. It is conveniently located off I-84, and next to The Dalles Dam. No views except I-84 and the parking lot (and a little of McDonalds.) (Coffee is terrible, but that is typical for these hotels. Many people don't mind lousy coffee. For those that do, fortunately, you can grab some decent coffee at McDonalds. )

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GMak54
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I was not pleased with the price to begin with as it was higher than any location I have stayed in. I frequent Seattle, Bend, and Portland which are newer and give great service. When I asked for a corporate rate as I stay in Comfort Inns regularly they stated "The rate is the same and I dont make the rates so that is how it is". Very rude and way overpriced. The room was not very clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2011

It's fine, but they jack up the price a ridiculous amount when other places are full.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I first want to start out by saying the overall appearance of the room was great! It smelled wonderful (like it was brand new) and it looked updated and fairly renovated. The location of the hotel is also convenient. I did however find a gelcap pill on the floor housekeeping must have missed while cleaning the room from the previous person who stayed here.

When I checked in (and I paid for the room), I wasn't aware there was a AAA discount offered. It wasn't until I was accessing the "complimentary" guest internet, I noticed they advertised it on their homepage. So, I called down to the front desk and told the man who answered I just checked in and noticed they offered a AAA discount. I asked if when I checked out tomorrow, if I could present my card and get an adjustment on the charge of my room.

To my surprise, he replied, "No, the owner put a block on all discounts tonight." I was confused about what that meant because this wasn't a holiday weekend, nor were there any special events going on in the area which may have caused them to increase their prices or disallow discounts which they clearly advertise. I asked why there would be a block on the AAA discount for the night and the man at the front desk said he didn't know, the owner just decided to do it and he couldn't adjust my bill.

This made absolutely no sense to me? Working in the customer service industry for over 15 years, this is definitely what I would classify as a poor example and false advertising. If a business is going to advertisethey offer AAA discounts, they should honor it all the time or put a disclaimer stating there may be times during the year they may not. I think this is misleading.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo