Oregon Motor Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Dalles Inn(The Dalles)
View Hotel
Budget Inn Motel(The Dalles)
View Hotel
Motel 6 The Dalles(The Dalles)
Celilo Inn(The Dalles)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We stayed here and the hotel has a certain charm, but it does not cover the age of the place much. The room was nice and had a king size bed and still room for a small love seat. Very nice large flat screen t.v. which seemed to be the newest thing in the room. The shower looked like something that had note changed from the 30's and was just big enough for a large man, if he turned sideways to get in. It was relatively quiet in our room away from the road, but expect those next to the road would be noisy. We also had windows closed and A/C on the whole time as it was in the 90's. It helped make it a little cooler but unit was also old and did not cool well. I found rooms clean and a place I might stay at again to save money.

Room Tip: Do not get a room near the street as even though things close down early here there was always some traffic going by. The other rooms are against an alley and quiet. Don't plan on using the pool as it is not operational and not sure they plan to open it again.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The Oregon Motor Motel is an old 30's era motel in the Dalles, Oregon..I loved the rooms I've had, the owners have redone many of the rooms very nicely; made them clean and comfortable while keeping the vintage charm. The Patels are very pleasant and do their best to accommodate you and they always have the best rate in town. The building is nice and solid if you need a quiet room. The bathrooms I've had had nice vintage tile and were clean, no plastic. Located short drive from the freeway very central and convenient location. Many crummier and more costly places in town, this is the one I recommend and will continue to visit

Room Tip: Ask for one of the redone rooms, best if you can to call ahead.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ott000
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Old school Motel, since 1947! Definitely dated but in a good reminds you of Route 66 kinda way! Rooms had everything I needed, VERY clean, great WiFi, fridge and micro, decent TV, even a DVD player. The front desk went out of there way, especially given how full they were, to find me a downstairs room with my pet. Nice little park for my dog right across the street. The owners and the front desk clerk were all warm and friendly. Location is just 1 minute off I-84 but no highway noise and walkable downtown location. Budget price too for summer n this area. My only regret is I haven't stayed here more often on my frequent trips thru this area!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Ilene B
Reviewed July 2, 2014

The price was a little high for the age of the place, but it was reasonably clean. The light in the bath was burned out, as was the light in a floor lamp which I tried to move into the bath so I could see to shower. I doubt that I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2014

This is probably the cheapest you're going to get in the area. We just wanted somewhere to crash for a few hours until we got back on the road. The bed was actually comfortable and the linens felt nice. The whole place could do with a wipe down, but overall felt decently clean and didn't have a smell. The shower had a bit of mold on the door and one of the water handles was falling off. The guy working was grumpy and got mad at us for backing into the parking space so don't do that. Wifi worked and I didn't notice any noise. It was good for what we needed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple