“Old n rotten fruits n vegetables”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shari's Cafe & Pies
Ranked #52 of 69 Restaurants in The Dalles
Cuisines: American
The Dalles, Oregon
“Old n rotten fruits n vegetables”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was served old fridge smelling coleslaw, n my 5 year old said "Mommy my grapes don't taste good!!." I checked n the grapes were not washed n they were all rotten...... They gave me a free slice of pie, it should had been two slice, I should had demand a no charge on my son n my meal, but the waiter was pleasant... They gave my son rotten grapes, good thing my poor baby said something n didn't eat it all, that makes me veeeeery mad!!!!.... I'm a cook n I know great quality food... The appetizer's we're cold n dry.... The cook there is lazy n nasty, don't care what he or she throws out there for people to eat, he or she should be fired!!!!!... ... Every time I go there, there is always something wrong with the food, I gave it another chance, but it is still the same, this is the last for me, I used to love Shari's since I was little with my parents n family, but this place gives Shari's a BAD name.....

• Visited February 2014

Columbia Gorge, The Dalles
“Breakfast-Lunch or Dinner---all poor meals”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We honestly tried 3x's to find a place to eat out here!
Breakfast-How can a Shari's screw up a breakfast? No requested onions in the hash browns. Burnt toast/wrong toast...floppy fatty bacon vs requested crisp bacon.
Lunch-their "new potato salad" is disgusting! Their sandwiches are scarce on the meat choice.
Dinner-BBQ ribs--nothing on them--That was not a serving size! The new "picnic" ribs have no meat on them! The "picnic" beans are horrible---they had an odd taste.
Service? poor...they are more interested in asking you to call this # and leave good marks.....I asked to buy a jar of their Blackberry jam....she brings it to the table w/sticky jam (fingerprints) all over the outside! I said...Why is there jam all over the outside, isn't this pressured, to be able to place on a shelve in cupboard until ready to use? She said, NO, it comes in a big bucket and we get it in the jar ourselves. Soooooo...now I know why the jam I bought on a trip tasted so poorly when we got home....The waitress really should tell ppl this info. After cleaning the jar, I put it right in the fridge, when we got home.

• Visited July 2013
Moro, Oregon
“Typical chain restaurant”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Typical chain restaurant food with just average service. If your looking for a bargain you get what you pay for. That's all that needs to be said.

Visited March 2013
Hermiston, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Standard Sharis”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

If youve been to a Shari's you know what to expect. Good range of menu items, fairly clean but an in and out joint for old folks.

Visited June 2013
Colbert, Washington
“I'd rather starve than eat here again”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Shari's franchise should close this place. It does not hold up to the Shari's brand. Not only was the service horrible but the food was worse. After waiting for 5 minutes to be seated/acknowledged, I had to say something to the waitress after she walked by us 4 times. Once our food arrived, we never saw our waitress again. My husband or I had to get up & track down any waitress just for help. Which is not that easy when you have kids!! But it wasn't the service that made this place horrible. It was the food! It was uneatable. And what bites you did take did not settle with our stomach. If you have to stop & get some coffee or bite to eat. Skip this place, go across the street & get it at Safeway!! Eat it in your car. You'll be better off!!

• Visited June 2013