“Good food - poor service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shari's Cafe & Pies
Ranked #46 of 71 Restaurants in The Dalles
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am torn about rating this location as "poor", but the overall sense is that. This was our second visit to Shari's in The Dalles in 6 months that left us disappointed. In both instances the service was terribly slow. In fact during the most recent visit we ordered items that had a 15 min guarantee. When we said they missed the 15 min mark the server laughed at us. Wrong thing to do! They did adjust the bill, but the way the whole visit went I don't think my dining companions will ever let me pick that place again. The food was good mind you, just incredibly slow.

2  Thank gophergulch

Reviewed July 28, 2012

3 of us went for a birthday treat and ordered pie. 2 of us were finished our pie before the 3rd person received their pie. No apologies were offered either.

1  Thank gophergulch
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I called for a take out which was around 1am. I got home and my order was wrong! (so make sure to check) I called them since I noticed I was OVER charged and I couldn't verify since they hadn't given me my receipt:/ bummer since I wanted to do the online survey. I asked her how much I was suppose to be charged and she said she charged me 3 dollars over and I could go ahead a pick up money? Excuse me I live 15 minutes away. Just got off work at 1 am I'm hungry and tired! I asked her where my receipt was she said she threw it away and couldn't find it! I asked her for her name he refused to give it to me and hung up! I was very upset Called again and her manager answered! I told him my situation all he said "she charged you the correct amount and I'm sure those weren't her intentions!" I asked him what her name was and her name was "Karen" so avoid her and her worthless manager. It wasn't really about the three dollars but I was appauld at there service! This is the worst I've been treated! They could have at least offered me a free meal but they dont care for there costumers!>[

2  Thank Christydlrs
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Always good food at any hour. Great regional offerings.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is a pretty standard Shari's, but is pretty new. They are friendly and the food is good. Great pies!!