“Exceptional Thai Food”

Montira's Thai Cuisine
Ranked #4 of 71 Restaurants in The Dalles
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The best Thai food we've ever eaten.
Reviewed June 26, 2014

I am very picky about Thai food ever since I lived in Thailand for a couple of years in the 80's. While staying in the Inn next door, I decided to try this place. I was pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. My brother and I ordered the house curry and the yellow curry and they were absolutely delicious. My brother's friend ordered the Pad Thai and is now turned on to Thai food as a result. The prices were reasonable but the mango and sticky rice was too expensive (tasty however). The food makes up for the mediocre atmosphere but the view out the window across the gorge is nice.

2  Thank jrsygrl

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The building and decor do not convey the delicious Thai food that is served. If you do not like your food hot and spicy the wait staff will help you make a selection. Prices are reasonable.

1  Thank seahag59
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Even though the food at Montira's Thai Cuisine is really tastey, I will never go there again. The service was horrible. I have never been treated so rudely. I am a very patient and easy customer, so I expect to be treated with some respect. From the younger girl rolling her eyes at me to the older waitress just plain ignoring my table, my food was cold by the time I got what I needed. I ended up throwing it in a to-go container to heat up later. I tried to get the younger girl's attention seeing as she was setting out silverware at a neighboring table, and she put her finger up with attitude and said, "I'll be there in a minute" Needless to say, I will NEVER go back to Montira's again. The owners seem nice, but they need to make some staff adjustments.

2  Thank Sara V
Reviewed May 13, 2014

What a great surprise it was to eat here. Everything I saw served and those items we recieved were well preparred and cooked to order. The Pad Kee Mow I had was the best I have had anywhere. The noodles had a fantastic char to them from the grill that put them over the top comparred to others I have had. The salad roll and peanut sauce was great, although small (but for $2 how big do you expect). The Service was fantastic and will return.

1  Thank BlueC0llar
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I have eaten Thai at many restaurants in many cities and I think this Thai place is as good as any of them. I am pleasantly surprised of such good quality and taste in this reataurant. Also resonably priced. Highly recommended if you like Thai food.

1  Thank somewhereoutthere