“Authentic Thai” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Montira's Thai Cuisine

Montira's Thai Cuisine
Ranked #5 of 69 Restaurants in The Dalles
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Description: The best Thai food we've ever eaten.
Ogden, Utah
“Authentic Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Real Thai food from a real Thai family.
Beware, what they call medium spicy is very hot. Even their mild spicy is hot for some people.

Visited July 2013
4 Thank Ogdendude

Seattle, Washington, United States
“It's more than the food. It's the people!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We visit The Dalles regularly, coming from our home on Bainbridge Island. We live surrounded by excellent Thai restaurants, so our expectations are not to high when we venture away from home. Montira's Thai has been a fabulous surprise! It's a very appealing place, well decorated, light and bright, classy, but not stuffy. The menu has a wide range of choices of traditional Thai dishes from various regions. If you know Thai, you'll find something to love here. (Let them know you're serious if you want heat—they tend to go easy.) But beyond the excellent food, what makes this place special are the people. You will be greeted, served and befriended by a staff that will genuinely want you to enjoy yourself. If you come back, they will remember you! It's like being part of the family,

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank Al D
The Dalles, Oregon
“Consistently good Thai food, nice service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have eaten at Montira's several times over the past year and the good food and service is always consistent. The decor is outdated, but I don't mind given the good food and kind management. Some of our favorites at this conveniently located restaurant include the fresh wraps (#2), the chicken saute (i.e., chicken on a stick), the house curry special (#32; spicy), the ginger tilapia with steamed veggies (#52) and the steamed dumplings (#11). (Our 9-year-old always orders plain rice noodles with peanut sauce dressing to go with the chicken saute.)
We also tried the fruit salad dish this time, which consisted of very thinly sliced apples (think potato sticks), grapes and peanuts with a sweet (honey?) dressing. Very good for a light dessert. Entrees generally range from $8 to $12. Beer and some of the local wines are also on the menu.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Michelle M
Baker City, Oregon
“Great surprise in The Dalles”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I checked trip advisor as I traveled through The Dalles at lunchtime. The food was very good and my friend and I split the pad Thai and a spring roll appetizer. The food was all excellent and more than enough. My only complaint is that I ordered an iced tea and received a Thai iced tea which I didn't really care for (not a fan of chai and spicy creamy drinks). I would return if I find myself in the Dalles again.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank bkrcitytravlr22
Salem, Oregon
“Fantastic find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Didn't expect much for a Thai restaurant in The Dalles, but this place was outstanding! The yellow curry was the best I've ever had. Worth stopping even if you are just passing by on the highway.

• Visited May 2013