“OUTSTANDING SERVICE & FOOD!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hi Way House

Hi Way House
Ranked #16 of 69 Restaurants in The Dalles
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Benton City, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OUTSTANDING SERVICE & FOOD!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

My husband, daughter & I decided to try Hi Way House on our 2nd day in The Dalles. Per previous reviews to ignore the exterior the food was excellent we deiced to give it a try. Very much to our delight the inside of the restaurant is very warm & cozy and tastefully decorated. Frank Sinatra era music played softly in the background. It wasn't up so loud like many other restaurants we could actually carry on a conversation. The service was fantastic. This is a family run restaurant. The food was AMAZING to say the least. All of the food is made from scratch everything from the warm bread served, to the salad dressings & soups. The entire menu is made to order & not prepared ahead of time out of a can. My husband's steak melted in his mouth & cooked to perfection. I had the Macadamia Nut encrusted Halibut...melted in my mouth. My daughter had the BBQ chicken & it too was divine. I can't believe how many times we have traveled past this restaurant and said no way due to the exterior of the place. It is now our favorite of all time!!

• Visited August 2014

Adelaide
“A very welcome surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Don't be fooled by the slightly drab exterior. The moment you walk in the door the ambience is friendly with a touch of elegance. The service was excellent inside the restaurant then went off the scale when they dropped off the camera I left there at our hotel before I even missed it!
Most importantly the food was superb. My wife had the sirloin steak (I also sneaked a taste), it was melt in your mouth excellent. My halibut was also lovely. Topped off with good desserts and a nice local wine.
Great food, excellent value for money. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2014
Caldwell, Idaho
“Excellent recommendation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

It doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside is comfortable. The service was fine, food was very good.

Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“do not be put off”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

do not be put off by the outside appearance (it looks like it is closed )when you open the door you are greeted by a quite elegant interior.
the food is excellent and the staff efficient and friendly and we would recommend this place without reservation.

Visited June 2014
Vancouver, Washington
“Soooooo Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on our way to Portland. So glad we did. Light fluffy onion rings, seafood bisque with a soft sweet bread, thick prime rib that melted in my mouth. We'll be back.