“THE place to dine with friends.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Spooky's

Spooky's
Ranked #6 of 69 Restaurants in The Dalles
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pizza
Gresham, Oregon
“THE place to dine with friends.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

A wonderful experience with wonderful people. HAve been there more times than I can count for numerous occassions.
Great for a large party or just a few friends.

Visited March 2012

“Nothing to rave about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Food was ok, a little overpriced (2 topping large for over $23 then charged for the take out box), and I think I'd order pizza hut over this. I grew up in large cities and have travelled abroad so it just might be because I have much more experiences in food then a small town like the dalles, but still find it VERY mediocre.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Richland, Washington
“Fun pizza place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

A great place for pizza when traveling through The Dalles. Good menu selection other than pizza including salads and sandwiches. Great beer and wine selection.

The decor is very fitting for a pizza parlor. Arcade for the kids and lots of stuff to look at on the walls including local stuffed animals.

white salmon wa
“Our most favorite place to eat hands down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

I have eaten at spookys since I was a kid as has my whole family.My whole family meets here for our birthday party every year,in fact I love it here so much I had my 25th anniversary party here!They have this nice room you can reserve it holds 60 people. They have pizza,sandwiches,burgers,salads etc.It is the only place we go for pizza because it's so good.I also think they have the best veggie burger in the world. They have the game room for the kids and some quarter ride on toys plus pinball . It can get very busy on friday and saturday so be prepared to wait sometimes. Go before 6 pm so it's not so crowded.

Visited September 2011
Vancouver, Washington
“Spooky's is the best it's ever been (& I've eaten there over a 4-decade span)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

Spooky's is a great example of a local restaurant that, at first glance, looks like "just another roadside/chain operation", but is in fact a locally owned and managed long-term success story. Great food for the money (pizzas, sandwiches, salads, soups...), fast and friendly service, convenient location, large parking lot (though local folks frequently fill it nearly full on wkends)--Spooky's has a LOT going for it, for almost everyone.

Additionally, for some of us, it has "personal history". I started eating Spooky's pizza while still in high school (and I graduated in 1966...); it was our family's favorite "go to" place for takeout when everyone was too busy and/or tired to fix a good dinner. I went there with friends during both high-school & college, for those relaxed before/after (and during) date & group get-together meals. When I visited my family during the subsequent decades, I'd often bring home a Spooky's pizza because it brought back happy memories for us. My high school graduating class started using Spooky's for reunion planning meetings (and Friday night reunion socials) a couple decades back.

The biggest change (and it made Spooky's even better, especially to all of us who'd lived in The Dalles during--at least--the 60s & 70s) was that the folks who'd then owned our favorite local drive-in--The HandOut--"came out of retirement", bought Spooky's, and as part of making the food "even better", brought in the most popular menu items from The HandOut to Spooky's menu.

• Visited August 2011