“Fun pizza place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pizza
Reviewed April 13, 2012

A great place for pizza when traveling through The Dalles. Good menu selection other than pizza including salads and sandwiches. Great beer and wine selection.

The decor is very fitting for a pizza parlor. Arcade for the kids and lots of stuff to look at on the walls including local stuffed animals.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

I have eaten at spookys since I was a kid as has my whole family.My whole family meets here for our birthday party every year,in fact I love it here so much I had my 25th anniversary party here!They have this nice room you can reserve it holds 60 people. They have pizza,sandwiches,burgers,salads etc.It is the only place we go for pizza because it's so good.I also think they have the best veggie burger in the world. They have the game room for the kids and some quarter ride on toys plus pinball . It can get very busy on friday and saturday so be prepared to wait sometimes. Go before 6 pm so it's not so crowded.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Spooky's is a great example of a local restaurant that, at first glance, looks like "just another roadside/chain operation", but is in fact a locally owned and managed long-term success story. Great food for the money (pizzas, sandwiches, salads, soups...), fast and friendly service, convenient location, large parking lot (though local folks frequently fill it nearly full on wkends)--Spooky's has a LOT going for it, for almost everyone.

Additionally, for some of us, it has "personal history". I started eating Spooky's pizza while still in high school (and I graduated in 1966...); it was our family's favorite "go to" place for takeout when everyone was too busy and/or tired to fix a good dinner. I went there with friends during both high-school & college, for those relaxed before/after (and during) date & group get-together meals. When I visited my family during the subsequent decades, I'd often bring home a Spooky's pizza because it brought back happy memories for us. My high school graduating class started using Spooky's for reunion planning meetings (and Friday night reunion socials) a couple decades back.

The biggest change (and it made Spooky's even better, especially to all of us who'd lived in The Dalles during--at least--the 60s & 70s) was that the folks who'd then owned our favorite local drive-in--The HandOut--"came out of retirement", bought Spooky's, and as part of making the food "even better", brought in the most popular menu items from The HandOut to Spooky's menu.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We visit The Dalles once or twice a year if time permits, Spooky's is always on our agenda when we visit!!!! They have reduced their menu as of late... I wish they would bring back their excellent grinder sandwiches! However, the pizza is still quite good! We have had better,but most do not even come close to Spooky's

1  Thank 5ptelk
Reviewed July 3, 2011

i found it to cost more then what it should have for a pizza joint, i didnt find it to have a super amazing quality of food either. also remind me of a chain restaurant thats delightfully tacky, yet unrefined, just with a more modest dress code. maybe its just me being spoiled from living in chicago and new york for so many years that it seem just average and nothing to rave about.