“Reminds us of the cafes in France”
Review of Petite Provence

Petite Provence
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in The Dalles
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Decided to make a stop in The Dallas since we have not been there for sometime. Took a walk in the old down area and discovered this café. It was packed which to us is a good sign that the food must be good. Not disappointed. Patti was our waitress and even though it was very busy she gave you her full attention. We split a Monte Carlo and salad and must say it was "yummy". Husband had tea and I had one of the best Lattes that I have had in a long time. Worth the stop. Will stop here again.

There are newer reviews for Petite Provence

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great breakfast - unique omlettes with creative ingrediants make breakfast a foodie delight. Lots of baked goods - rolls, pastries. Petite is a great morning place, right i the heart of Downtown The Dalles. will be back

1  Thank CamasGary
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We hosted a breakfast for 20 on Sunday morning after our daughter's wedding; this is a very popular place in town so we had to make reservations a few days ahead, but the staff made space for us and all their regular customers as well.

They make great breakfasts, from quiches and crepes and wonderful cinnamon pull-aparts to hungry-man plates, so we were all very satisfied. We got a few fresh pastries from their display case to take with us. I've returned since then when driving through to get terrific deli sandwiches and made-on-site potato salad in a picnic box to-go.

They close by 2pm, I think, so make sure you get there in time.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I'm a fan of LaProvence in Lake Oswego, and accidentally discovered Petite Provence while camping at The Deschutes Recreation area just outside of The Dalles. Lucky, lucky me!

This delightful cafe has the most wonderful breakfast and lunch menu. Beautiful dishes with poached eggs, the richest most flakey croissants and wonderful European style coffees are served for breakfast.

For lunch, they boast fabulous sandwiches on artisan bread, among them the famous Monte Cristo. The salad menu is also excellent, and I opted for the salmon salad. A beautiful bed of baby spinach is topped with deliciously seasoned lentils, a fresh piece of perfectly cooked salmon and a dollop of pesto. It was amazingly tasty, and I am not usually a fan of lentils. These were excellent.

The service was quite friendly, attentive and quick. My server was especially sweet in that she offered to watch my little dog while I checked out the inside of the restaurant.

I enjoyed my meal on one of the two small sidewalk tables. I wish the seating was better, but it was still fine. There is not room for anything more outside.

This is a wonderful family of restaurants in Oregon, and the Petite should not be missed. Traveling on the 84, needing a break and fine food, do not miss this place. And if you are camping at the Deschutes, treat yourself to a non-campfire meal in town one day. You won't be sorry.

I cannot wait to enjoy this special cafe again soon. And next time I will bring home a box of their beautiful hand crafted pastries.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The best breakfast we have ever had. My husband had corn beef hash with large chunks of corn beef. My chef's omelette was fantastic. Croissants were hot and fluffy. Yes, what a find.