Shilo InnsThe Dalles
$98
The Dalles Inn(The Dalles)(Great Value!)
$89
$72
$115
$159
$149
Hotels.com
Motel 6 The Dalles(The Dalles)
$66
Celilo Inn(The Dalles)
$109
$106
Orbitz.com
Budget Inn Motel(The Dalles)
$75
$55
Balch Hotel(Dufur)
$88
Best Western Plus Hood River Inn(Hood River)(Great Value!)
$162
$140
Hotels.com
All reviewsthe rivercinnamon pancakesdalles dambeautiful viewnice roomfriendly servicegreat customer servicebed was comfortableheatherscottiegorge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2013

1. The fitness center was closed for renovation. How about moving the fitness equipment to another room during the renovation? Or update your website about the renovation. One of the reasons this place was picked was for the fitness center.
2. There was nothing fresh about the fresh fruit cup that came with one of the only three options for breakfast (no substitutions). I am a vegetarian and opted for the biscuit without the gravy and the "fresh" fruit. Canned all the way. Some of it was too hard to even chew.
3. Our room was not cleaned after the first night. The towel bar on the towel rack on the bath tub fell off when we tried to put a towel on it to dry. We left it in the tub and it was still in the tub when we got back.

Not to mention that

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sue C
Shilohotels, Manager at Shilo InnsThe Dalles, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comment regarding your stay with us. I do apologize that the fitness center was closed and wasn’t available for use during your stay. I also want to apologize that you did not get cleaning service after your first stay, and the towel bar issue was not addressed. We have taken corrective action to make sure that the situation does not occur again. I will pass along your concerns about the restaurant to its owners. We do hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Not a bad place for the price. Mrs. Clean needs to come in and give this place a good scrubbing and paint job even if you don't want to spend the money for a remodel! If you remodel then I realize we'd loose the great price you offer. Big decision. We had a king size be with a larger room which was nice. Older outdated everything but since we got in so late we just needed a good bed with clean sheets an they answered our call. It was a quiet place on a Thursday night but could definitely hear people in the hall. Security doors would not lock at the end of the hall. They definitely need to change all their doors as our bathroom door wouldn't shut all the way and even our room door wouldn't shut unless you pulled hard. The morning hot breakfast was great and the price was right . FREE! :) My husband ordered hash browns to add to his breakfast for just a couple dollars. Would we stay here again? Yes. Only for the beds, breakfast, and location! They could still use a good cleaning job as during breakfast we saw a light fixture that was loaded with cobwebs and dead bugs! :( yuk!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Lynn G
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo InnsThe Dalles, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Lynn G,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay and for being a valued Shilo guest. We look forward to your next stay with us.

H. Baker-General Manager

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The room was non-descript. The shower faucet was faulty, very little bathroom amenities (soap, lotion) and the carpet smelled. The ice machine was out of order (the sign looked permanent). Breakfast left little choice (3) with no substitutes. Wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Benjamin L
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo InnsThe Dalles, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Benjamin L,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. I do apologize that your accommodations did not meet standards. While we do have ice machines that are out of order for the moment we are currently working on getting them fixed. Please contact me at 541-298-5502 so that I can identify the room you stayed in so that we may address the issues with the shower head in that room.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The rooms were ok the food was good. My complaint is I left a charger for my iPhone in the room and I called them the next day while on a trip, and gave the person that answered the phone my phone number as well as my wife's number ,and was told I would be called back and no call I guess they don't care that I left my charger in the room.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo InnsThe Dalles, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Cathleen S,

Thank you for your comment on your stay. I apologize that we did not get make contact with you after your initial call in regards to your lost and found item. Please contact me at 541-298-5502, so that I may personally assist you in matter.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just off the interstate near the Dam, this place has very large bedroom with a kitchenette, large vanity and shower/bath. Free wireless and breakfast included. The facilities were clean and comfortable and although next to the highway, we didn't fell the road noise interfered with our quiet enjoyment. It reminded me of the sound of waves breaking when I stay at a seaside resort. The only area that I noticed could use a touch-up was the bathtub but for the money I found it quite acceptable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo InnsThe Dalles, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here in The Dalles. We look forward to welcoming you again.

General manager