“A reasonable price for a reasonable facility.”

Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in The Dalles
Knoxville, Iowa
“A reasonable price for a reasonable facility.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I'm not that impressed with this place for being a Shilo. It seems crazy to me they have an outdoor pool in this state! The room are not fancy but the suffice and they are clean. The staff was very friendly during our check in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear IowaDamon,

Thank you for your comments on your recent say and I am glad that you found our staff friendly and your room clean. We do hope that you choose to stay with us the next time you are in The Dalles.

Heather Baker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Nampa, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed at the Shilo Inn in The Dalles a few times over the years. This visit, I found the room to be freshly updated with new paint, wallpaper, countertop, and carpeting. The bed was comfortable, which is something that is hard to find in hotels. I found the desk staff friendly and courteous. She was helpful when I encountered a technical issue regarding closed-captioning on the room TV. I appreciated the friendly and warm service at breakfast in the Portage Grill restaurant on site. The hotel property has nice walking path that allows a view of nearby The Dalles Dam, and guests can also explore the historic buildings on the property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sandy, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice clean comfortable stay. Staff was very nice and helpful. This hotel is a little older but clean. It is also a little ways from town but the back side looks out to the dam and close to the freeway. Very cool old buildings out back.

Room Tip: Stay on the river and dam side.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I'm here several times a year, and i've never had a bad experience. i find the staff to be very helpful and courteous. The rooms are very nice and clean, a big thank you to the cleaning crew! The lady at the front desk (11/26/12) went above and beyond for me, and was much appreciated. The service at the Portage Grill was very friendly, and the food was good. If I'm picky, I'd say my only complaint would be not being able to hook up a video game player to the tv. I'm always here for at least an entire week, and when I'm not working, there isn't much else to do in The Dalles other than play games. Other than that, I always look forward to staying here.

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Most of the Shilo Inns I've been are normally very dated though usually clean. I brought my dog with me this time and the room was great with clean carpets! The only thing I did not like was that the a/c did not get cool enough during the night. Otherwise our stay was pleasant and the staff was nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Newport, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Atilla the Hun greeted us coldly when we checked in. She was curt to the point of rudeness and actually had the nerve ask if we were there on business when we presented a government ID to obtain a government rate...While husband was inquiring about rates I used the ladies room, and found that the door on the stall in the bathroom in the lobby was actually a cheap expansion shower rod from Walmart and had a shower liner for a door...there was one stall with a real door but it was broken. The hotel room was large and that is about as good as it got. The bedspread was filthy and had something white smeared all over it...( don't ask) there were flies and spiders in our room and the water ran brown out of the bathroom faucet. There was mold in the bath room and small towels were in short supply. the only bright spot was internet was easy and blazing fast. It is loud as all the doors are spring loaded to close and are constantly slamming as guests pass through the halls. The doors are not secure into the rooms and the slider in the room was able to be jiggled open if one tried. I thought the Shilo's were supposedly slightly upscale but, boy howdy..not this one. I don't like giving negative reviews but this place it dirty, not maintained and I would not ever stay here again....Oh did I mention that it is off season and the room was over a hundred dollars>?

Room Tip: The best was to get a good room is to choose another hotel...
4 Thank NancyT505
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear NancyT505,

Thank you for your recent comments on your stay with us here at The Dalles Shilo Inns. I am extremely sorry that you had a less than exceptional experience during your stay with us. I apologize that you did not receive the outstanding customer service that we strive to give and want to assure you that this situation will be attended to. I have and will be looking into all of the issues that you have brought up and again apologize for your less than satisfactory stay.

Travelers are raving about these The Dalles hotels

Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

After checking in I found dog hair on the sheets and toothpaste on the bed spread. My wife killed a spider in the room and we were pestered by a fly all night. The women's rest room for the lobby and restaurant has stall doors ready to fall off and one has been replaced with a shower curtain. The facility needs a major renovation and cleaning. I stayed in this hotel in 1995 and it was a nice facility then. It is obvious that no one has made any effort to maintain this place in many years. The front desk clerk and restaurant employees are not people people.

Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
2 Thank russ789
Dear russ789,

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at The Dalles Shilo Inns. I apologize that you we did not meet our standard of expectation. I have and will be looking into the concerns you had about your stay with us, and again apologize for your less than satisfactory stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near The Dalles
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#7 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles? Share your experiences!