“Excellent Hotel”

Cousin's Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in The Dalles
Reviewed April 5, 2010

My stay at Cousins was a last minute decision. The staff was friendly, the room was comfortable, clean, and the shower was huge with three shower heads. The hotel is located in town with a restaurant on the premises. I ate breakfast at the restaurant and it was delicious. I am planning another business trip to The Dalles, and I will be staying at Cousins.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
OregonTravelnJim, General Manager at Cousin's Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2010

Thank you Jimthestonemaker! You had a chance to experience one of our new "Barn Rooms". We designed these to be fun and functional. We look forward to your return visit! Jim

Reviewed September 1, 2009

Due to my husband's limited mobility, we were given a room for the handicapped. The room was huge and extremely clean, had a large, comfortable armchair which is great for relaxing when you cannot just sit in bed to watch TV. The restaurant on the premises had great food at reasonable prices. The staff of both the inn and the restaurant were very sweet, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
OregonTravelnJim, General Manager at Cousin's Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2010

Thank you Inodnoc for your kind words. We built four rooms like this for our guests that needed just a bit more room to get about(and we don't charge any more for them!). I hope that you have a chance to visit us again! Jim Hoffman

Reviewed August 1, 2009

We stayed one night and had one of the older rooms in the second building back from the road. The laundry facilities are great. Top of the line digital washer and dryer. 1.25 for washer (must use liquid detergent though they had some there free) and 1.00 for dryer. The washer all but dried the clothes so just one cycle on the dryer even did sweatshirts and jeans.

When I go to heaven, I am still going to miss that shower. You virtually have to swim upstream in all that water. One night - two showers each.

Rooms are nice but not at all fancy. Beds are the most comfortable of the trip so far. A/C actually works very well which was very nice since Oregon happens to be in the middle of a heatwave of 100 plus - highest ever!

Room doors are in an enclosed enclave with one other so there is no outside noise. Very quiet rooms. The check in desk had cold bottled water, coffee, and cookies till they closed. The staff was incredibly friendly.

Fridge was even small for a small fridge. My kids dorm fridge was bigger. Microwave was poor but functional. These are the only real negatives for the place. I think advertising a kitchenette is a huge stretch.

I'd stay here again in a heartbeat and would recommend to anyone. It's an especially good deal for the area.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank Papadoc1000

Thank you Papadoc100! We get so many nice comments about our showers. We use an imported European shower head that delivers the best shower ever!
It sounds as though we many not have had you in one of our kitchenette units. You did not mention the stove and oven. All of our rooms have microwaves, refrigerators and coffee makers that give you the best of home while you are away!
Again, thank you for your stay with us! Jim Hoffman

Reviewed July 16, 2009

My older cousin and I enjoyed our two-night stay at Cousin's Inn, and especially liked having a fridge, coffeepot and microwave. My cousin, who is in her 80s and stands about 4'11", found the shower difficult to use and said it was designed for NBA players. I bought a takeout breakfast one morning and thought the quality was average and the price expensive. Wish I had just walked a block or two to Denny's instead. This motel seems to have a lot of long-term renters, rather than travelers staying for short periods. Also, it's dog-friendly - great for people traveling with dogs - not so much when you have to listen to some poor animal next door whine for two hours in the morning. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The location, while not the most restful or scenic, was convenient to Safeway, Staples, the Columbia Gorge Discovery Center, etc. The free wifi worked great and was a huge plus for me.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed November 24, 2008

We had eaten at Cousin's many times before, and very much enjoyed it, so we decided to try the motel. Bad idea. Well, it was a warm room and a bed.

Shower clunked obnoxoiusly. There was an odd trap door just beside my bed. It wasn't very clean.

I'm not very picky, but don't count on me being back anytime soon.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2008

We have stayed here for 4 years on our way to the coast--but I think this was our last stay. The beds were lumpy. Old booze left in the freezer. The staff are so helpful and the restaurant was good for breakfast. Cute family atmosphere though.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2008

The service was amazing. We had stopped her on our way back from Montana. There were 6 of us and my 7 month old. We got two room, which were very clean. They even had a playpen for my daughter.The heating anc A/c unit was on the noisey side.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near The Dalles
The Lyle Hotel
The Lyle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Lyle
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River

Been to Cousin's Country Inn? Share your experiences!