“nice room, great staff, fun stay”

Cousin's Country Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in The Dalles
Seattle, WA
“nice room, great staff, fun stay”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed here as a quick stopover, but really got a kick out of the place. The room was clean and comfortable, the recently renovated tile bathroom and shower was really nice. Staff was extremely gracious and helpful. TV was updated and bed was comfortable. It was a quick stopover, so we ate at the attached restaurant, had a really great steak. The decor is "farm style", silly and fun. I'd come again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BeverlyA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Berkeley, California
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We recently spent a Saturday night at Cousin's Country Inn. The hotel is easy to find from the I-84 freeway and offers clean, basic lodging at a reasonable price. The rural theme gets a bit tedious in the public areas, but fortunately the rooms are more generic and less overtly countrified. Our second floor room was in the older section of the hotel, and featured a double bed, a coffee maker and mini-fridge, a spacious bathroom - nothing was luxurious, but everything worked. Casual, friendly service at reception and in the hotel bar. No complaints.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sundogg99
Woodstock, IL
Reviewed September 24, 2011

If you enjoy a hotel that is a little out-of-the-ordinary this is the place to stay. It has a farm theme, complete with tractor. At the front desk and in the restaurant you are greeted with "Hello Cousin!" which is quaint but a bit overdone. Our room was clean and comfortable. Their restaurant serves homestyle-type meals, good but not exceptional. Overall it was a nice place to stay after touring the Columbia River Gorge area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel was very clean! Our room had recently been redone with pretty tile in the bathroom. The pool was nice and cool in The Dalles summer heat. We got a coupon for breakfast in the restaurant (which we love) but we didn't use it as it was too limited for what we really wanted to eat. We would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I was both pleased and impressed with Cousins Country Inn on my most recent stay there. I was in The Dalles last wkend for the 45th anniversary reunion of my high school graduating class. I chose Cousins based on many prior experiences--other class reunion visits and many visits caring for aging family members 10-15 yrs ago. I'd always found the staff helpful and friendly, and the rooms were a good value for the money. It's only been a few years since I last stayed there, and the remodeling/"freshening" that I noticed then had appeared quite new.

I was thus pleasantly surprized to find the rooms both freshened again, AND upgraded! The materials (woods, tile, paint & wallpaper) were from the same pallette(s) we'd just chosen to remodel our master bedroom & bath at home. I was doubly impressed, because I didn't see the rise in room prices I'd have expected to come with the amount of upgrading I saw.

I asked friends in The Dalles about this, and they said that a new owner had bought Cousins about 3 yrs ago, and had been investing in making it an even nicer place to stay than it had been. I'll say that effort has been a success!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We found the Cousins Inn perfect for our stop over in The Dalles Oregon. The rooms were very clean, the staff was very nice, the cared about making the kids comfortable, the jacuzzi and pool were great, and the food at the restaurant was great! The wifi didnt work very well in the morning at our room, but that was the only complaint, and when I brought it up, the response was ".. that's strange". But, overall it was a great value, we would definately go back again, especially after the other flea bags we stayed in The Dalles before.

• Stayed August 2011
Issaquah, WA.
Reviewed August 17, 2011

The bathroom and shower area had been redone and was lovely. The front part of the unit I didn't think was all that great. It seemed to be clean. They have a newer part at this hotel. Ask for that area of the hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for their new part of the hotel