“Great Setting - Glad it's Open Again”
Review of Avalon Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Avalon Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Eugene, Oregon
“Great Setting - Glad it's Open Again”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Nice place to enjoy wine with a friend. They were closed for a bit, and I'm glad the place has reopened. Used to have pretty good music, so I hope that returns.

I love the patio seating during the summer months. Nice and quiet. Service is always solid, and food doesn't disappoint.

Visited July 2013

talent, or
“Dining quality needs work”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The smoked prime rib wasn't available because the smoker wasn't working, so the flat iron steak was recommended. Meat was tougher than it should have been. Excessive amount of fat. The boneless chicken breast had some kind of a leg bone in the mix. Keep getting disappointing food surprises since they've re-opened. Overall ambiance is fine, but the entries from the limited menu result in a very ordinary experience.

• Visited December 2013
MEDFORD
“Well designed meal”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at the Avalon Bar & Grill for the first time and had a very pleasant repast. The waitress was very cordial and a good conversationalist, informing us the purveyor of their various entrée items, all of which are local. I had "lamb steak" with a yogurt sauce served on a bed of couscous that was delicious. The lamb steak was actually two very tender chops that melted in my mouth. My wife chose the flat iron steak which had a very complimenting seasoning along with garlic mashed potatoes. We ordered a house green salad each and shared a chocolate mousse desert that was deliciously smooth, dark chocolate. Our total tab came in under $50.00 and we will definitely return at some future date.

• Visited October 2013
Martinez, California
“Superb Salmon Dinner”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The Avalon Bar & Grill was recommended to me by someone who lives in Talent - so I decided to give it a try. The salmon was one of the best salmon dishes I've ever eaten. It was flavorful (cooked with citrus and covered with nuts) and moist. The salmon came with fresh vegetables which were perfectly cooked - very delicious.

I just came home from seeing plays in Ashland. I have eaten in many excellent restaurants in Ashland over the years - but the Avalon Bar & Grill served one of the best meals I've eaten in a long time. It's also cheaper than Ashland, because Talent doesn't have the same food tax as Ashland. While it's about a 15 minute drive to Talent from Ashland, I would highly recommend this restaurant. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013
Medford, Oregon
“Great Ambiance & Food--Slow Service!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We went to the Avalon for lunch yesterday. I couldn't believe Talent had such a beautiful restaurant! The ambiance is classy casual with tables inside and on the patio. If I could design a restaurant, music and food this would be it. We live in Talent and I can't for the life of me figure out why they are only rated 5 out of 15. I had the mushroom hamburger with salad, my husband had the prime rib sandwich and our friend had the club sandwich--all delicious. My only criticism would be: The fries weren't crisp and had rosemary sprinkled on them, which isn't for everyone (they can be ordered plain). The service was extremely slow--I've come to expect "life in the slow lane" in Talent, but this was ridiculous. That said, I still can't wait to return with friends and family, preferably when they have live music and we have plenty of time!

• Visited August 2013