“Perfect Polish Cuisine!”

Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Bogusia (the owner of this nicely appointed restaurant) must be one of the top chefs in Oregon. Each time I am in Ashland, Bogusia's tops my list of places to enjoy perfectly prepared, tasty, and satisfying fare... And, unlike many purveyors of purportedly fine fare, the kitchen at Julek's is visible upon entry and sparkle with cleanliness and attention to detail -- On my first visit, when surveying the options of places to eat near Ashland, the spic-and-span cleanliness of the food preparation gave me confidence that the person preparing my meal paid attention to detail and the finer points of making each meal a dining pleasure! I doubt one could find a finer dinner in the area. It is now Bogusia's Julek's Kitchen to which I go by default when in the area.

1  Thank BookGuyPDX

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten at Jukeks twice and will return. We had the sampler platter and the hunters stew when we came for lunch and found everything tasty and lovingly prepared. The crisp tender local vegetables are especially nice.
When we went for dinner we had the chicken ghoulash and the pork cutlet dinner,
both with spinach salads. Portions are abundant and we took home leftovers. Our window table had a lovely view of the mountains. They also have outdoor seating in the summertime.

1  Thank Goodtaste11
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I'd been wanting to try this restaurant since I read about it in the local news paper. It sounded like just the kind of place I'd been waiting for. The atmosphere is welcoming; light and airy, beautiful view at the windows and the food incredible, done in the European way. Everything is made to order.

I plan on working my way through the menu one entree at a time. I've been there three times and, I've traveled to many places throughout the world and this is some of the best cuisine I've had. Would definitely recommend this to everyone (and I do!) :)

The service has always been excellent for me. I was greeted when I arrived, menus presented to me within a minute of my arrival, very friendly service and because the meals are prepared to order, it allows one to relax and enjoy the atmosphere.

1  Thank Bonnie W
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife and I, along with a friend, had dinner here Sunday evening. Our friend is Polish-American, and a very good cook himself, so I was interested in his opinion of the food. We had salads, Gulasz, a sampler plate and the Pirogi. We all ordered different Polish beers. All of it was great- I picked the best beer, IMHO, the Hevelius. The Gulasz was like a wonderfully complex beef burgoine, served over a potato pancake that was like a wonderfully tender crepe. I also had the Borscht, and it was good. My friend pronounced that the pirogi were better than his.own.
The sausage was a locally made Kielbasa, and was very good indeed.
Desert was some wonderfully dense and intensely flavored cakes. Yum!
The decor was simple and pleasant, and the service was friendly and attentive. I had a great time, and will certainly be back.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

My friend and I had a wonderful experience at Julek's. Our waitress was new, yet very professional and attentive to our needs. The interior of the restaurant was spacious and tastefully decorated with folk tapestries on the walls. At the time of our arrival on Friday evening at 6pm, the restaurant was half-full, and some lovely musicians were playing folk music in the background. It was a very pleasant addition to our dining experience. People continued to arrive for the 21/2 hours we spent there. We asked that our entire order which included salads, soup, appetizer and entrees be brought together at the same time so my friend and I could share. We were cheerfully and promptly accommodated. Our food was delicious and well presented. I felt I was eating healthy and fresh food. The fillings on the perogies were all interesting and flavorful. I especially loved seeing the selection of Polish beers available. Between my friend and I we sampled 6 different menu items. Whatever problems there might have been the first couple of weeks after opening, were not evident last night. If you are looking for an authentic Polish dining experience, supported by a family in business that cares about providing good food and using local vendors, look no further than Julek's Polish Kitchen in Talent, Oregon.