Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Ranch Motel(Rice Hill)
View Hotel
All reviewscookiesmade to order breakfastcooked to order eggsbest westernsbacon or sausageseparate buildinggreat stopcomfortable bedindoor poolbreakfast barroad tripsouthern oregonrooms are cleanexcellent breakfastgreat place to staywafflesnext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I stayed here while visiting Wildlife Safari. The stay was great from the time I checked in. Roczi at the front desk was out-of-way helpful answering my questions about the area. The room was nice and there was no noise, very relaxing. The pool and hot tub were clean and relaxing. I will stay again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stopped in Sutherlin at the BW on our way up I-5 to Portland. The room was a good size and immaculate. There was a magnifying mirror on the dressing table with a stool. The bathroom had a very good shower/tub combination and lots of towels. Flat screen TV with lots of channels. Breakfast was the biggest surprise! An omelet station as part of the breakfast bar! I had a 2 egg omelet with sauteed veggies, potatoes, sausage and a banana in addition to juice and coffee. My husband had the same omelet with bacon and sausage and yogurt. They also have biscuits and gravy, a pot of oatmeal, buttermilk pancakes (instead of the omelet) and waffles. It was our 18th anniversary and this added to our special time!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lilypond1000
Shannon K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you for writing us this nice review, and happy anniversary to you! I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s nice to hear how comfortable you were in your guest room. We try to make sure that our guests every needs are met so that they can feel as comfortable in our rooms as they do in their own homes. I sure hope that we get another chance to see you again soon! We will keep those fresh omelets coming! Thanks again!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Before retiring I traveled about 50% of the time for business. During this time I generally stayed in downtown hotels authorized by our travel department such as the Westin, Fairmont & Sheraton. As a result, I became spoiled by great service and quality. Once retired I tried the BW Plus in Sutherlin, OR while visiting family and loved it. The rooms were very clean, updated and the beds extremely comfortable. We always stay at the Hartford Lodge in Sutherlin while visiting family and the experience there convinced us to stay at Best Western Plus' wherever we travel. The food is always good and the staff is helpful and professional. Plus, the prices are very reasonable with quality like the big hotels. We did not use or evaluate any kid's activities.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim B
Shannon K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

I am very glad to hear that you have chosen to be a part of the BEST WESTERN Family! We here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge pride ourselves on providing each guest with our luxurious rustic ambiance all at an affordable price. I’m happy to hear that you were comfortable in our new Simmons Pillow-top beds! I sure do hope to see you again next time you are in our area! We always love to see our return guests come back time and time again because that tells us that we are doing our jobs right by earning your trust.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Wow! These people have thought of everything. Glass coffee cups and barware, a 4-cup insulated coffee pot, 2 televisions plus a media box, and the Kleenex in an actual box! The bathroom was huge and well-lit -- even had an outlet on either side of the sink (what a concept)! In addition, outside the bathroom was an additional vanity with plenty of light, a stool, a hair dryer, a large magnifying mirror on a stand, and even a small container with cotton balls and Q-Tips. In the large closet were a safe and extra pillows and a blanket. The motel had an on-site bakery, which served breakfast to order. I didn't eat there, but my husband said it was very good. The king bed was very comfy as well. If I could, I'd build the exact room in my house. And yes, Norman, our Yorkie, enjoyed his stay here too. We don't usually take this route, but we will be going this way in the future for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

I am thrilled to hear that you and Norman were more than comfortable with us. We try to make sure that all of our guests’ needs are met so that they can relax and enjoy their stay with us. Whether our guests are here on business or just on their way to visit family, we want them to feel like they are on a mini vacation while staying here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge. It is nice to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit! Hopefully next time you will have time to come to enjoy breakfast in our Café!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was the last hotel that we stayed in at the end of a 3 month trip. We often stay at Best Westerns because we have found them to be clean and safe. The Best Western Hartford Lodge was one of our best traveling experiences. They are conveniently located just off of the freeway and offer a fridge and microwave in each room. When we checked in we were offered fresh cookies from the on site bakery. We used the pool and hot tub which are located in a separate building. It was warm enough that some guests were taking advantage of the outdoor tables and chairs located just outside of the building that houses the pool. We enjoyed breakfast before leaving the next morning where we had a choice of a buffet or made to order breakfast. My husband enjoyed eggs cooked over medium and I had an omelet that was very good. We would definitely stay at the Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing this review on our behalf. We really appreciate the great feedback! I’m glad that you found us to be a conveniently located and safe place to rest during your travels. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy our full cooked-to-order breakfast. We like knowing that we send each of our guests on their way feeling full and satisfied after breakfast. Our outdoor seating areas are getting quite popular now that the sun is beginning to peak out more often. When the mornings are warm, some of our guests prefer to dine outside for breakfast where they can enjoy the fresh morning air. I truly hope that we get another chance to have you as our guest next time you are traveling through the Roseburg/Sutherlin area! We will be sure to keep those cookies coming!