“Best Western PLUS PLUS PLUS”

Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sutherlin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Victoria, Canada
“Best Western PLUS PLUS PLUS”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

By far the best ever Best Western we have stayed at and they are way better than just the PLUS - Close to being a PREMIER property in the chain. Being pet friendly was our first need and close but not on the highway was second. This property is very well run and I compliment the owners on doing a fantastic job with both the facility and the staff. Shannon and her staff at the Front Desk were very friendly and helpful at checkin and checkout. Rooms are great, comfortable and beds are to die for. Shannon made a recommendation for Pizza and it to was just as good as she said. Thanks for that. Sorry this was just an overnight stay but we will definitely stay there again when we travel that way. Full breakfast in the morning in a large setting was fantastic.

Room Tip: Take an upper floor if you can but its tough when you travel with a pet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shannon K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Wow! We are honored that you found us to be on par with the Best Western Premiers and that we were able to provide you and your puppy with a comfortable place to rest during your travels! Thank you very much for the compliments about our staff and our property. We definitely work hard every day and do all that we can to make sure our guests expectations are not only met, but exceeded with each stay. I am very glad that you enjoyed your dinner here in Sutherlin. We will be happy to provide you with more suggestions next time you are in our area. Some restaurants even have special deals for guests of ours! We look forward to serving you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Turkish first
Kent, Washington
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We were very impressed with this hotel, it was extremely clean and large enough not to feel cramped with three adults and all of our luggage. The bathroom was one of the bigger ones I have ever seen in a hotel and was grateful for the large counter and the makeup table. The drapes did not let any outside light in (yay). Nice to have a refrigerator and microwave.

It was kinda weird checking inside the building and then going thru a glass door to outside to go to your room but hey the glass door opened both ways so that was great when coming or going with your luggage.

When we checked in we were given a coupon for a free cookie but being they didn't have any to our liking so we decided to wait until the next morning to claim our cookies. I am very pleased that they provided a real breakfast, the three of us had an omelet however we didn't feel that we were getting enough even with the 1 strip of bacon and the 4 little potatoes. Glad there was other items on the buffet to fill us up. It was during breakfast that I saw the lady in the kitchen and asked her if she would be making chocolate chip cookies she just mentioned how she just pulled some out and I gave her my coupon and off we were with our cookies happy as can be.

In the description of the hotel it says they have an indoor pool and jacuzzi, while that is true is is NOT attached to the hotel and if you use it you will have to walk through out the parking lot.

We are thinking of reasons we can come back to this hotel and enjoy it a little longer next time, would love to sit outside and enjoy the patio.

One other thing that was a little annoying.....we made several trips down to the car to load our luggage and every time we came back the front desk clerk/s always said good morning, welcome back was everything ok, etc. I know that is how they were trained and they are trying to be polite and nice but after a while you you think they saw it was the same people over and over again. Oh well I would rather have them be that way than to ignore me all together!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I’m very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We do our best to provide each of our guests with the best hotel experience we can offer! I know it can be a bit chilly to walk to the center of the parking lot to access our pool and Jacuzzi t his time of year, but this does help to keep any pool room noise disturbing our guests in their rooms. As soon as summer hits and families start traveling together, we are very grateful for our detached pool building. I am sorry that you didn’t get large enough portions at the omelet bar. I hope that next time you are able to ask the chefs for more, as I know they would be more than happy to provide you with whatever you please. Your satisfaction is our main goal! I do hope that you are able to come up with another reason to visit us soon! With the weather getting warmer, it is a great time to start planning a trip up the North Umpqua River for the many beautiful waterfall hikes, great fishing, and scenic swimming holes! The Wildlife Safari, Oregon’s world famous wildlife park, is another destination worth making a trip to see. I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Tacoma, Washington, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had to make an emergency trip to California to bury my Mother. After driving for 9 hours it started to rain and I decided to stop for the night. I\My wife saw the Best Western sign and we pulled in. After being greeted by a very friendly young woman, we were told that in the morning we could get a hot breakfast in the cafe in the morning where the chef would prepare our meals for us. What a shock, I have never had a chef make breakfast for me when I stayed at a Hotel. Breakfast was great it made the rest of the drive bearable. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write this lovely review for us. I am very sorry to hear about the circumstances that lead to you to our hotel, but I am thrilled that we were able to give you a safe and comfortable place to rest and recharge for the trip ahead. I sincerely hope that we get another chance to serve you next time you are traveling through our area. We will happily prepare another fresh cooked omelet for you and make sure your sweet tooth is satisfied with our home baked cookies upon checkin!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The positives: Comfortable beds, quiet, super-friendly staff, nice pool/jacuzzi, good breakfast

Here's a couple of easy tweaks to make it even better: Towels in the pool house (do they really want you to bring them from your room?), wine openers (they only had one available at the front desk).

Also they rooms are a bit small, but guess there isn't anything they can do about that now. Also do not think there are any other room configurations which would be a nice option for traveling families, etc.

All in all, a nice place to stay for a night in Southern Oregon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shannon K, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
I’m glad that you chose to stay with us and found us to be quiet and comfortable place to rest during your travels. I hope you were all able to enjoy our great breakfast before you left!

I would like to address the concerns you had regarding our pool towels and wine openers. We have learned that we can’t keep the pool room fully stocked with towels with no way for us to track them, which is unfortunate. Each time we stock the pool room, those towels disappear faster than we can keep up with. We do mention at check-in that you can bring towels down from you room and let us know if you need extras and this information is also in the guest directory as well as in the pool room itself. As for the wine openers, the one that we have at the desk is the only one that we have left. We had several that we were allowing our guests to borrow, but the wine openers have a tendency of walking away from the desk and never return. It is this reason that we ask you to bring your wine to the desk to open it. If this one disappears, our guests will have no way to open up and enjoy a relaxing bottle of wine.

I assume that you were traveling with a large family because you mentioned wishing we had a better configuration to accommodate families. We do have four sets of adjoining rooms available, two upstairs and two downstairs. Each of these sets has four Queen Beds so next time you stop by, please ask us about the adjoining room options. We will gladly help you make a decision that will keep everyone in your party happy and comfortable. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you again soon and will have plenty of fresh, homemade cookies ready for you and your family when you get here!
La Conner, WA
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were shocked to find that this hotel serves its customers a full breakfast, including short orders such as omelets, pancakes etc. Besides being a fine motel, the service and friendliness are amazing. One sleeps well knowing you will be treated to a wonderful breakfast in the morning. First rate. The motel sits back from the freeway so it's quiet - no road noise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your Full Cooked-to-Order breakfast in our Café! We do everything we can to ensure that our guests have a top notch experience with us and we all know how important a hearty breakfast is, especially when you have a long drive ahead of you. I’m glad you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Our main goal each day is to give our guests the absolute best Hotel experience we can offer and the cleanest Hotel rooms they have ever stayed in. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Sutherlin area!
Reviewed March 19, 2013

If you're debating on whether to stop and stay here while on the road, let me save you the trouble: STOP. STAY. This place is a gem!! It puts the Hilton and Hyatt to shame (and I've stayed at both).

I was driving from Washington to California and saw a 24-hour Dutch Bros Coffee off I-5 in Sutherlin, Oregon. Figured I'd grab some coffee and keep driving. However, realizing how tired I was, I called the Best Western right across the street. Shannon, the Front Desk Manager, was warm and welcoming. She makes you feel like family.

With my AAA, I got a room for $89! When I opened the door I couldn't believe my eyes. I was expecting the usual drab room. However, it was warm, inviting, and clean beyond clean. Larger than usual mini fridge! Microwave, iron, ironing board, blow dryer. Comfy, comfy bed and pillows. Internet. Large flat screen TV.

The bathroom looked like it belonged in a decorating magazine, with washcloths folded and standing like a peacock's tail. Shower curtain beautifully draped. Seriously--I didn't want to touch anything; it was that nicely done. Again--clean beyond clean.

There is a beautiful enclosed pool area.

Breakfast (a real one, not continental) is included.

This is now my go-to place when traveling.

• Stayed March 2013
Wow! Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely review for us! We really appreciate hearing how much you enjoyed your stay because that tells us that we are doing our jobs right! We try each day to make sure all of our guests’ needs and expectations are not only met, but exceeded with our affordable luxury and caring customer service. We definitely look forward to your next visit with us and hope that you enjoyed the rest of your vacation and made it home safely!
Shady Cove, OR
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Staff was very friendly upon arrival. The free cookie was a great touch. Rooms were very comfortable. Morning meal was good. Pool needed to be a little warmer. Location was easy to find. Service was very good. We will most likely to come back.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you staying with us and also for taking the time out of your day to write this review on our behalf. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and also glad that you enjoyed your fresh baked cookie! We love to offer a sweet little treat after our guests get off the road after a long day. I am sorry that you found our pool to be a little chilly. We usually keep the pool at a steady 80 degrees. I will ask our maintenance manager if he has noticed any issues with the pool heater just to be on the safe side. I hope that you do make it our way again, we would love to see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutherlin
Best Western Garden Villa Inn
#7 of 15 in Roseburg
Wildlife Inn
Wildlife Inn
#1 of 2 in Winston

Been to Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge? Share your experiences!