BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge - Sutherlin / Roseburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brookings, Oregon
“Great Rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

While visiting family in Roseburg we wanted to find a nice place the relax and get away. The front desk staff greeted us like we were old friends. The room was clean, with a vanity outside the bathroom. Didn't have to wait on my husband to finish getting ready in the morning. Breakfast was great, plenty to choose from. All members of the staff were very friendly and helpful. We will return

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWPHartfordLodge_77, Stefani & Shannon (Front Desk Staff) at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge - Sutherlin / Roseburg, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while you visited your family nearby. Our friendly and helpful staff always enjoys meeting new guests! We are happy to hear how useful the exterior vanity was for you; we try to make each guest room as comfortable as your own home! We are excited to hear you will be staying with us again the next time you are visiting family in the area. There are many local wineries in the area; perhaps next time you may invite relatives for a wine tour!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

We stayed overnight on a road trip in August 2011, based on reviews here on trip advisor and we were very pleased with our choice. The lodge has a great ambiance. Our room was very clean and spacious, but as has been mentioned when we first entered the room, the smell from what is probably that stuff you spray on fabric surfaces to refresh a room, is overwhelming, having the door and window open for a few minutes took care of the issue though. The staff were all so nice and helpful. The free breakfast was really good! omelets are cooked fresh on the spot according to your choices on a selection sheet they give you. The coffee was really good! lot's of choice from cereals, muffins, bagels etc. to the fresh cooked omelets, potatoes, bacon etc. The shampoo etc. in the room was a very nice high quality, and they had a nice makeup table area with a nice basket containing some nice products and a sewing kit. We ate dinner at a nice little Italian place, Pedotti's, it was really good! I know that if we ever travel in this area again, we will stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWPHartfordLodge_77, Shannon (Front Desk Staff) at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge - Sutherlin / Roseburg, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge. We are glad to hear how useful our online reviews were for you in making your decision of where to stay. We would like to apologize for the lingering scent of our cleaning products, but are glad to hear that it aired out nicely and did not ruin your evening. It is also nice to hear that you noticed and appreciated the little touches in the room and on the vanity. We try to make each guest room as comfortable as home! Thank you for the lovely compliments on our breakfast! We will definitely pass this review on to the appropriate staff. We hope to see you again next time you are in the area!
Olympia, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

My mom, brother, and myself had a very rough road trip going and decided to stop at BW Plus . We loved it!! the rooms were beautiful and the staff made us feel at home.
I definately added this stop to our places to stay when we travel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWPHartfordLodge_77, Stefani (Front Desk Staff) at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge - Sutherlin / Roseburg, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Dear Tammy,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear your stay with us provided you with the comforts of home. We love to hear about our guests' stay. Our staff takes pride in making your feel as comfortable as possible. We understand how grueling road trips can be. We hope to see you again if you are ever passing through Sutherlin, OR!
Redding, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

After many hours of driving on the snow on I-5, I had decided to stay the night over in Sutherlin. Boy was I glad to see a Best Western, it was quite a sight for a set of sore eyes! I always had good experience with Best Westerns , and I was truly impressed with this particular one. First of all, as soon as I walked into the lobby ,smell of fresh cookies filled the room and the ambiance of the lobby was quite comforting. I was greeted warmly by the hotel clerk and the check in was fast and smooth. Oh, the hotel clerk gave me a free cookie from the bakery which caught me by surprise! (By the way the cookie was awesome! I recommend the Snickerdoodle!).
The room was quite spacious and well coordinated ,and the bed was heavenly. I never knew how comfortable a pillow top bed was; I’m glad I had the chance to experience it ,and I have decided that my next mattress is going to be a pillow top bed. I am very particular when it comes to bathroom cleanliness, so being a clean freak that I am, I inspected the rim of the toilet, the bathtub and the floor etc…and no fault was to be found. This is a first for my experience, throughout all the hotels I had been in there are usually one or two things that housekeeping would forget or the cleaning has not been done properly. The breakfast was impressive, they had a vast selection of food and the Chef/Cook can sure cook up an awesome omelet. Overall I may have to say this is one of the best Best Western’s I have been to and definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Dear Robert,

It is so nice to hear that we were able to give you the comfortable rest you deserved after such a long snowy drive. We are also glad to hear how much you enjoyed your Snickerdoodle! Thank you for noticing how clean your rooms was; our housekeeping staff is well trained and they all do a wonderful job, every time. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed our Cooked-To-Order breakfast! We here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge always strive to send our guests on their way well rested and with a full stomach in the morning! We look forward to seeing you again next time you are passing through Sutherlin, Oregon!
Coos Bay, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

This MOTEL is not terrible, but is definately what you would expect from a small town. Now that I have stayed at both lodging places in Sutherlin, I would say that I would simply not stay here again based on the price alone. The cookies in the bakery were stale and dry. Was told they were freshly baked but Im sure they do not make fresh ones everyday and throw out what wasnt used the night before. The taste reflects that. The breakfast was alright. Nothing special. Same as what most motels have these days. Rooms were comfortable but really small. I didnt see any pets, but Im pretty sure there had been one in my room as there was hair on the heater and in the windowsill. The odor from air freshner was SOOO strong.

The girl at check in (Jamie or Janie- sorry I couldnt remember!) was very pleasant and gave me great suggestions for restaurants. Check out was so-so (Mary). I mentioned the cookies and the odor in room and got a pretty snooty response...i didnt feel like I was taken seriously. I gave her my comment card and hope it gets into the right hands.

If you do decide to stay here I just suggest you ask to see a room first to check for hair and air freshener smell. And just stay away from the cookies!

Room Tip: Smell it first to see if it has a fresh smell versus a chemical smell!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
BWPHartfordLodge_77, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge - Sutherlin / Roseburg, responded to this review, January 22, 2012
Thank you for your review and we apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We always want to provide the best experience for our guests and do everything we can to rectify any problems. Of course, our goals it to never have any problems, but no one is perfect. If our guests are not satisfied with their rooms, we hope that they notify the front desk staff immediately so that we may fix the problem or change their rooms. That way guests will get the Great Night’s Sleep that they DESERVE; rather than us finding out about problems during check-out or on a forum such as Trip Advisor. Our guests’ Comfort is our Top Priority!

Our price differs from our competitors because we are a different class of hotel. The amenities we offer here cannot be matched by any other. From the ONLY Indoor Pool & Jacuzzi in town, to the newly remodeled rooms, and our Full Breakfast that is Cooked-To-Order, our hotel cannot be beat.

Our breakfast is NOT the same as other motels. We have an omelet bar with a cook that will whip you up a fresh cooked-to order omelet, eggs any style, or even pancakes. In addition, we offer bacon, sausage, and country potatoes with our Cooked-to-Order Menu. Our extensive Breakfast Bar is filled with a variety of choices such as Belgian Waffles, Hot Biscuits & Sausage Gravy, Old Fashion Oatmeal, Yogurt, Fresh Fruit, Various Cereals/Breads/Bagels, and so much more. Our Fresh, Cooked-to-Order Menu from our Omelet Station and Breakfast Bar is unique and cannot be match by any hotel in this area.

The comfort, service, and extra amenities you receive are reflected in the price. For ALL that we offer, we are actually very affordable! Our aim is to be Affordable Luxury to all travelers, from families to corporate travelers, so that everyone may enjoy everything that we have to offer.

We are sorry you did not enjoy our Complimentary cookies from our bakery. Reading our other reviews, it is odd that you received a stale cookie. We apologize because you may have just gotten a bad batch. Our cookies are Homemade, Baked Fresh every morning, and checked every night for freshness. They are just another perk our guests can enjoy at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge.

We have designated pet rooms, so if you were not traveling with a pet, you would have been placed in a Pet Free room. However, ALL of our pet rooms are thoroughly cleaned after every stay. In our pet rooms, we put extra effort in making sure there are no traces of a pet ever being there. We completely strip the rooms, shampoo the carpets, remove all traces of pet hair and odor, and inspect the room with a black light. We take our cleaning very seriously. We believe that all our rooms should be exactly the same for all our guests regardless of if there was a pet or not. All rooms should be immaculate and one of the cleanest rooms you have ever stayed in. We apologize that that was not what you experienced.

Regarding your comments about our staff, we apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered. Thank you for the comment card and we can assure you, Janine, that your comments have been taken into consideration to provide a better stay for you and future guests!

We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
La Habra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

I have been coming to this BW each time I travel between Washington and California. Not only is the staff accomodating but they make you feel like a friend. As one of the other patrons mentioned....their rooms are immaculate and I love the oragami they do with the towels. Here's one of the other things I love about this place. We travel with our dog "Lily" and Sutherlin happens to have a very nice dog park about 5 minutes away from the hotel. Just ask the front desk and they have the information for you. If you like Italian food they have a fantastic restaurant up the street called Pedotti's. It really is the perfect place to stay. Comfortable clean rooms, fantastic staff and a full morning meal cooked to order! What more can you ask for!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ChinaLaHabra
BWPHartfordLodge_77, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge - Sutherlin / Roseburg, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Thank you for your informative review!

Our goal is to provide the perfect stay for all our guests including their furry friends!

We appreciate your kind comments about the staff and we'll be sure to thank housekeeping for their hard work.

Our front desk are local residents and are happy to assist you with any questions regarding recreation, dining, and attractions nearby.

We are always glad to see you and Lily and look forward to your next stay!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

This was the nicest, most welcoming hotel/motel we stayed in after a 4 night road trip from Texas. We are seasoned domestic travelers but we were blown away at how clean the rooms were, how sweet the check-in hostess was (we were pretty frazzled!), and impressed at the amenities. The pool and spa were in excellent order and everything was spotless. The breakfast was terrific and there is a real "chef" on duty to help with your order for a fresh omelet or custom pancakes for children. We will stay again next time we pass through Portland - outstanding!

Room Tip: all the rooms are well situated
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Donna T
BWPHartfordLodge_77, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge - Sutherlin / Roseburg, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thank you Donna for your compliments.

We are glad you enjoyed you stay and the amenities we have to offer.

Since we are the only hotel with an Indoor Pool/Jacuzzi in the area, our guests like to take a dip after a long day on the road, especially the children!

We are glad you enjoyed the Omelet Bar! To get a good start to their day, we put a lot of effort into ensuring that our guests get a hearty meal.

We hope your road trip was not to grueling after your stay and thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutherlin
Best Western Garden Villa Inn
#3 of 15 in Roseburg
Wildlife Inn
Wildlife Inn
#1 of 2 in Winston

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge - Sutherlin / Roseburg? Share your experiences!