“Suite Spot”

Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sutherlin
Reviewed July 11, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for two separate nights one week apart. We were very impressed with the property. The king suite with micro/fridge was outstanding. Upon entering the room, the bed looked made up like a 4 or 5 star property. The room including a small round table set for two with cloth napkins! I could see if the room had two beds it would be somewhat confining. However, everything worked as it should and we found the room and hotel very clean. The stay was very welcoming and knowledgeable. The breakfast was the standard continental with make your own waffles, cereal, juice, coffee, breads and hard boiled eggs. If that's not to your liking there is a sit-down restaurant next door (The Apple Peddler) along with a Burger King, McDonald's, two drive-through coffee stands and a great bagel shop within a couple minutes walk. I should note that this hotel sees a lot of truckers as evidence by the large adjoining parking lot next door, though on the two nights we were there this was never a problem. There is a small guest laundry and a computer available, though the property does have free wi-fi in all rooms. As we were traveling with a dog, they also accept pets for a small fee with no size restrictions. If in the area we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 19, 2010

Room was clean. Staff...friendly. Breakfast had make-your-own waffles, cereal, toast, juices, etc. Free newspaper. Much better quality than anticipated. Convenient to highway with a few eateries within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2010

I was surprised when I entered the room in a recent stay. I don't think I've ever stayed in such a small hotel room in the US! The furnishings were very nice & they tried very hard to use all available space in the room. Unfortunately, I felt as though the value was not there. This room cost much more than I expected for such a small space. My husband & I kept bumping into each other just trying to maneuver around the room.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
sutherlinmicrotel, Owner at Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2010

Thanks for staying with us and for the review. At Microtel we work hard to offer comfort and quality at reasonable rates. We know that's not what everyone is looking for - some travelers prefer more space or more luxuries and are willing to pay the higher rates. For those looking for what Microtel offers, we do it very well and hope you'll try us!

Reviewed April 26, 2010

Friendly staff. A very clean motel and room. Great free continental breakfast. The room was small thus the name Microtel. But the room had all the needed things I expect. It's a stretch but in room coffee would have been nice. It is not necessary as there is 24 hour coffee in the lobby. Without hesitation I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2010

The staff of this hotel found a Five dollar bill in the room we had stayed in. It was only five dollars, but they still called and told us. If they take the effort to call on only five dollars, then I know they can be trusted with all things and will be honest nomatter what. I greatly appreciate their service, and I will be staying there everytime i make the trip into Oregon.
Thanks, George Wurlitzer

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2010

The hotel staff was very helpful. They were very responsive with any issues that they could help with. Also, the facilities were very clean.

There were some major issues tho...
Comforter: SUPER thin, like sheet thin. I asked the clerk if we could have another blanket the next morning (we got in really late and I didn't ask til the next morning after freezing all night), and she got one for me quickly. Then she came up to the room to see what was wrong, as I guess they usually aren't so thin, and when she saw she had housekeeping bring us another one, which unfortunately was just as thin. Second night was warmer with two comforters and a blanket...
Bed: VERY uncomfortable. It felt like most of the springs were broken and were poking into us all night.
Internet: advertise wireless in the rooms. Wireless did not work in our room, we had to go down to the lobby to use our laptop. Apparently it works for other people, just not for us, according to the clerk. At first I thought maybe the router wasn't set up for Windows 7, but it worked fine when I was in the lobby...
Key: we paid in advance for two nights, but around noon after the first night, the keys didn't work anymore, so it was an inconvenience to go back to the lobby and have them fix that...

Again, I would like to point out that the staff was helpful and everything was clean... I have stayed there before, and remember it being very comfortable, so maybe it was just this particular bed and the rest was just bad luck? We had recommended it to others, but after this trip, I don't know if I would...

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tchrchase

I am very sorry for your uncomfortable night. That is definitely not typical at the Sutherlin Microtel Inn! Thanks for the compliments for our staff - I am glad they responded quickly once they knew of the issue. We have recently replaced worn comforters and upgraded our wireless internet, so we hope you will try us again.

Reviewed March 13, 2010

The two young ladies who work the front desk are, as stated in other reviews, delightful and made it clear they love dogs. I was traveling with my year old German Sheppard, they gave me a convenient room on the first floor, gave puppy cookies and petted him and made both of us feel VERY welcome. This is a simply appointed hotel, rooms are small but they are reasonably priced, clean, attractive and all you need. This was my first stay at a Microtel and I thought it was just great.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutherlin
Windmill Inn of Roseburg
Best Western Garden Villa Inn
Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge
Motel 6 Roseburg
Motel 6 Roseburg
#9 of 16 in Roseburg

Been to Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR? Share your experiences!