“Stayed here often”

Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sutherlin
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I have stayed here over the years probably a dozen times. I have never had a bad experience. Rooms have always been clean, service has always been fine. Price used to be outstanding, but rates have gone up quite a bit in the past year or so.

Only two small drawbacks ... the limited number of stations on the television, and the breakfast is lacking. Other than that, top marks.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jwpritchett

Reviewed December 21, 2008

My family ,and I drove up to sutherlin oregon due to a loss in the family.From the min we checked in heather was a great help to us she not only checked us in,and told us the good places to eat ,and where the church was at ,and even offered to help find us daycare while we where at the servises. Thank you sooo much !!! ,and yes my husband has a brother!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2008

I have stayed at the Sutherlin Inn around ten times on my once or twice per year San Francisco to Seattle trip. I have never written a review until now because this little gem of a hotel was cheap, clean and quiet and the more the word got out the harder it was to get a reservation, so my little secret.

Well things have changed. The hotel is still cheap and clean, but no longer quiet or well staffed. On the last check-in the front desk was staffed by the teenage dumb and dumber that acted like we were interrupting a truly important conversation when approached. The hotel's satellite was not functioning the entire overnight stay for which the hotel promised a $15 rate reduction. Unfortunately the next morning the front desk staff seemed unaware of this provision, but did provide a refund of the amount after some discussion. The reason I find this annoying is my partner checked out and didn’t know to look for the rate reduction, we could have driven off and found out too late. Dumb and dumber didn’t put into the computer the night before, but of course they were talking about something really important.

My main complaints are the hotel has become incredibly noisy and attracted a crowd that comes in during the wee hours drunk and loud (last two stays anyway). The other problem is the free Wi-Fi only reaches the lobby area and the rooms directly adjacent to the lobby. I’m also disappointed that the quality of the staff has deteriorated. The breakfast was never anything worthwhile, but you shouldn’t expect too much for $50!

Since the only function of this hotel is a one night stay on a trip to somewhere else the lack of reliable TV, no internet in most rooms, and the noise the low price becomes much less of a motivator. We’ll be trying somewhere else on our second 2008 trip next week (but if it’s really cheap and great you wont hear about it from me!).

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2008

I was very pleased with the staff (Heather and Brittney) and how clean it was for a great price! I will be back when I pass through!

All the best~
Sacramento love, Lorraine

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank lillorraine
Reviewed May 2, 2008

we visited sutherlin the week of april 21. we stayed at the sutherline inn for six nights. we were very pleased with the price along with the clean accomodations. the cookie jar was neat to have

Reviewed September 19, 2007

I travel to the area monthly and this is the place to stay! It used to be a Microtel, which are nice in themselfs. Very clean and comfy bed and the best price in town. I used to stay at the Dunes (a dive) in Roseburg, but tried Sutherlin Inn. You can not go wrong for the price and the comfort. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank rubyzlove
Reviewed July 12, 2007

We stayed here four nights and we had a wonderful time. The housekeeping staff was outstanding. (Thanks Sue) -- The rooms were kept very clean. They had a nice Continental Breakfast in the morning. They had Computer's in the Lobby that the guests could use and Computer access in the rooms for your laptop's and that was great. I hope to go back and visit them again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank ceresgal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutherlin
Windmill Inn of Roseburg
Best Western Garden Villa Inn
Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge
Motel 6 Roseburg
Motel 6 Roseburg
#9 of 16 in Roseburg

Been to Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR? Share your experiences!