“Friendly staff”

Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sutherlin
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Our room was nice, however somehow we got a handicapped room. We didn't care for that. The bathroom door was a very heavy pocket door that banged and was difficult to push. The huge bathroom floor was freezing. The staff was friendly. Unfortunately, I forgot my new pillow there. I asked if they could send it to my CA address the cheapest way possible. They sent it Priority $$, to the wrong address, at my expense, and it was sent back to them. But, they say they will now hold it at the hotel until I get back to their area. I hope this happens. So, I have mixed feelings about the service. I'm sure if I didn't have the pillow shipping problem I would give them an excellent. When I pick up pillow will have to revisit this review. We would stay again. Breakfast was okay too.

Room Tip: don't take a handicap room unless you need that.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
heritagehotelmgmt, Manager at Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

So appreciate you recognizing our friendly staff and bringing up a couple of ways we serve our guests.

First, we do indeed offer accessible rooms for those in wheelchairs or disabled such that they need the extra space or other aids. In your case you reserved an accessible room through central reservations when you booked it at our Advance Purchase discount.

Second, we are happy to help out guests who leave items behind. We also try to accomodate requests for how it is sent, including how fast. Of course, we can't do anything about the prices the carriers charge and we can't pay the shipping for you, but we are happy to donate the time and effort it takes to locate your item, package it properly, and get it to the carrier. I am sorry yours did not reach you in time at the location you asked us to send it to. But, as you requested, if it is returned we will be glad to hold on to it for you until you pick it up or send it to you if you prefer.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We chose this hotel because they are pet friendly. Very basic hotel, could you a little updating in the mauve bathroom but clean. Biggest draw back was the wi-fi wasn't working. It would work for a few minutes then kick you off........so frustrating! Check in was quick and friendly and popcorn was available all evening :). Breakfast was your basic carb heavy food.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Glad you chose us and hope you will return for all the great reasons you mentioned. Very sorry you were having trouble with your internet access. We provide 100% Wi-Fi coverage throughout the hotel and internet upload/download is at very fast broadband cable speeds. We also support it 24/7, so if there was a system problem during your stay we would gladly have tried to solve it if it had been reported. Any guest having trouble need only call the toll-free number or report it to the front desk and we'll call the number for you!

Breakfast actually includes low-carb options, including fresh fruit and yogurt. Many guests prefer the hot options, which include omelets, waffles, biscuits and gravy or hot cereals. Bagels, muffins and a variety of cold cereals are also served. I am confident you won't find a better breakfast at any other hotel from Eugene to Medford at the rates we offer! If you want something for breakfast we don't offer, you are sill better off saving money by staying with us and spending a few dollars at the excellent 24/7 Apple Peddler family restaurant next door to us.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. No complaints, clean rooms, friendly staff and the breakfast wasn't bad either. We were just driving through town and were very pleasantly surprised by this hidden gem.

• Stayed: April 2013
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
heritagehotelmgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

We are delighted you found us to be a "hidden gem" and thank you for telling others so we won't be so "hidden"!
You complimented breakfast and I wanted to share with all that we offer omelets, waffles, biscuits & gravy, yogurt, fruit, hot and cold cereals, several types of muffins and bagels and more.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

the guesthouse inn was very clean, staff very friendly, have a great breakfast can make your own waffles. had something for everyone's taste. was their visiting son. would stay there again. going back in august and going to stay there again. rates for the rooms very good. if you every going to sutherlin or pasting though i recommend the guesthouse inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
heritagehotelmgmt, Manager at Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thanks so much for pointing out our deluxe breakfast, friendly staff, and great value. We do indeed try to offer something for various tastes, from fresh fruite to gluten-free rice chex to biscuits and gravy.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

a group of us were put here after a fire by red cross, and have been here for 5 days. we have been greatly welcomed by everyone here, and made us feel at home. each attendant has been wonderful. if anyone is coming to Sutherlin for a stopover, i recomend guesthouse inn in sutherlin, you will feel welcome.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for recognizing our friendly staff!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Upon my arrival I was met by a very hospitable staff.

I was quickly checked in and sent to a non-smoking room. Entered the room and it reeked of smoke. Staff was notified and I was moved to another room. Staff made extra effort to make this happen within 2-3 mins.

The room I was given was very small. My walk-in closet at home is literally bigger than this room. The pillows and bed were very comfortable. TV's are older and reception was limited.

The bathroom was clean, however had a few issues. There was no cold water from the sink. Strange. Then when you turn on the fan and the heater light, a fuse blows for a few moments and all the lights and fans turn off.

These are little things that are easily made up with the curiousness of the people who work there.

• Stayed: March 2013
heritagehotelmgmt, General Manager at Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thanks for pointing out our hospitable, courteous and friendly staff and the comfort of our bedding.

You must have a very large closet! Though you pointed out a few small things that felt were more than made up for by staff, we want our guests to have a perfect stay. Letting us know of any problems while you are staying with us helps us to make immediate corrections.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I took my wife and my 2 yougest kids 2 and 8. The breakfest was ok. We stayed there for 5 days while we were visting my mom. The only problem we had was we had to ask for cleans towls and ask them to clean the room...The only cleaned it once in 5 days.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm delighted you had a great stay and thanks for reviewing us. I need to clarify that our housekeeping staff cleans every room, every day. We do try to honor a "Do not disturb" sign on the door. We also allow our guests to be environmentally considerate by choosing to re-use towels and bed linens. Perhaps you left towels on the towel bar, for example, which indicates you do not want us to replace them? Lastly, we do not disturb personal articles of our guests. So perhaps our staff was respecting your articles that you had left on the bed or elsewhere. Regardless, our housekeepers leave a note in your room to let you know what they did or did not do, and we are happy to accomodate if you find later that you need something else.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sutherlin
Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge
#3 of 16 in Roseburg
Motel 6 Roseburg
Motel 6 Roseburg
#9 of 16 in Roseburg

Been to Motel 6 Sutherlin, OR? Share your experiences!